Hair loss since move to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Hair loss since move to Dubai

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 14:29

Dear ladies,

Just writing to see has anyone had any experience of loosing hair especially around the front since coming or moving to Dubai? I am thinking of going to see a trichologist if anyone has any information or suggestions?? Am starting to panic so any help would be greatly appreciated x

Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 07:45
I had the same, and on top of that my hair suddenly became very very dry and brittle, unfortunately made more noticeable by my curly moptop :( I switched from using my usual Loreal/Herbal Essences stuff to using all natural shampoos and conditioners from Lush and honestly...I saw the quickest turnaround ever. I still can't believe how quickly my hair recovered! I think initially I used the shampoos and conditioners with heavy moisturising properties, and once I felt like my hair was no longer dry, I switched to volumising and thickening shampoo/conditioner combos. The ladies in the shop were so helpful, and rather than basically shoving products down my throat like most places, it really felt that they were trying to find the best option for me. It was obviously more expensive but worth it. Now i keep a couple of pots on hand and use my normal Dove shampoos and conditioners, and switch to Lush if my hair needs a bit of TLC. Would highly recommend trying their stuff.
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 10:51
I've changed to Agadir Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I still have a small amount of hairloss while washing my hair, but nowhere near as bad as it was when I first moved out here. It seems to just be the same as it was back in the UK. Yes it's expensive, but it's available in the likes of Spinneys.
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 10:41
There are many articles and suggestions offered. I even tried washing/rinsing my hair with ONLY bottled water for a month or so, with no success. I have finally found (just this year) what works for me-- I switched to a sulfate-free shampoo. A little more expensive than regular shampoos, but well worth it. I no longer find hair all over the apartment floor, as well as covering the bathroom. In the U.S., this type of shampoo must be purchased in a hair salon (or online)-- I'm sure it's the same in Dubai.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 00:10
Hi, there are lots of threads on this topic in this forum, just search hair loss. There are lost of things that play part in it, It can be stress, hormones, water, luck of some vitamins or not getting enough vitamin D. Try having water filter installed.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY