Nutritionists | ExpatWoman.com

Nutritionists

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:58
Thank you Cleopatra. Have you got their name? I'll call and arrange for an appointment.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:28
There is a nutritionist / dietitian at the Al Zahra hospital who has helped me in getting my food back on track.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:12
Thank you for all the comments ladies. Miss S, i'll contact Ciara and arrange a meeting with her. Its exactly what am looking for!! :)
Latest post on 28 March 2015 - 09:04
Stephanie Karl comes recommended, not sure though where she is currently working.
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 21:57
Hello MissBey. I have used a Nutritionist recently at Absolute Fitness, her name is Ciara. I booked an appointment with her but before she would see me I needed to keep a 3 day food diary for her. I was then required to send it to her for her to analyse and then we had a consultation. She has a programme that breaks down nutrients etc and has given me a food plan to follow. She is also great that I can send her a message or call her at any time if I am unsure about something, for example I was in and out of meetings on Wednesday and hadn't had a chance to sit down to eat so I quickly rang her and she gave me advice (she doesn't charge for any of this advice which is a massive bonus for me!!) I know she is out of town just now so best to email her and she will get back to you - [email protected] her number is 056 352 6920 if you want to drop her a message.
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 13:49
OMG, you hit the nail on the head, that's what exactly am looking for. I have not had any appointments but i have spoken to a couple over the phone and i don't already like what they have to say. As you said i thought they'll do some in depth examinations and suggest a realistic solution that fits/suits my needs. I know of those companies, but i wasn't looking for weight loss purpose at such, its more about the vitamins and deficiencies, certain food don't react to well and so on. thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question!
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 13:37
Last year there used to be a good nutritionist in the mediclinic dubai mall. She was a European lady recommended to me by a close friend. However when I finally decided to make an appointment with her, I found she no longer works there. I tried several nutritionists on jumeirah beach road. They all offer unrealistic diet plans with foods I am not familiar with (no idea how to cook) and I feel they are templates they offer everyone. I went to the first expecting to have some blood work done so they could see what vitamins and minerals I need. And I was sadly informed that this needed to be done privately at a hospital. I visited a few others and felt they were not professional. They just put me on the scale, calculate my bmi and tell me basic information that I already know. So after getting all my bloodwork done thinking this was the reason I was not getting sound advice, I visited another nutritionist, also on beach road. She had a quick look stating that I have deficiencies in a list of vitamins and minerals, and advised me to have my doctor recommend me a multi-vitamin. She did not recommend any type of vitamin supplement and she also did not advise me what types of foods I could eat to naturally remedy the problem. I really felt it was a waste of time. If you are thinking of a nutritionist for weight loss I'd recommend using a company like right bite or kcal. First you visit their office, meet with a nutritionist who finds out what kind of diet you should be on, and they tailor a menu to suit your needs and diet preferences, and the best part is they send it cooked to your house or work. I hope you are able to find the right kind of nutritionist for your needs.
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 12:13
Dear all, Has any anyone had any experience with nutritionists? If so, good or bad? Would you recommend and who, if you know of any? Thank you in advance :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY