doctor's appointment for maid | ExpatWoman.com

doctor's appointment for maid

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 16:23

We don't have health insurance for our maid and she has a pain in her breast that she wants to get checked out. We have always managed without a maid so haven't faced this before - she said that she had a health card with her previous family and went to a government hospital. Can anyone advise where she should go as a starting point?

Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 18:10
Hi, After doing my research I found out Orient Insurance (belongs to Al Futtaim group): http://www.insuranceuae.com/PRODUCT/tabid/83/DirectProductId/16/InsId/2/ProductId/0/Default.aspx I also found Axa Essential Benefits plan for 659 AED / year: http://www.axa-gulf.com/uae/en/DHA The housemaid will have to pay 20% of the treatment or 30% on medication and the rest is paid by the insurance company. Once they reach 1,500 AED of bills then the insurance will pay 100% from that moment onwards according to my understanding of the policy. I am going to give it a try for our recently hired housemaid.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 09:44
Medicenter at Motor City is offering free health checks for maids and drivers as a new community service, FYI. Also Aster Pharmacy in Motor City has the same service.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 09:38
I know this is an old thread but I just read that "All spouses, dependents and domestic workers will also have to be covered by June 2016. " So since we are less than 1 year away I'm sure they will check for all renewals from now.
Latest post on 29 April 2015 - 16:35
Does this apply to renewals or new visa's only ?
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 23:25
My husband issued a health card for our housemaid. It costed around 300 dhs. I'm not sure if he issued it at dubai hospital or at the local clinic near our house, but now our housemaid can visit the clinic near home. The card you mentioned gives her access. You pay for everything like you would in private clinic or hospital. I recollect, several years (10 or more) old reference where they charged AED 200 for consultation and wrote the medicines to be purchased outside. I have seen more benevolent healthcare system in Dubai. I have lost hope in government health system several years back.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 23:22
You probably don't want to hear this, but as her employer your required by law to provide her with health insurance. For now take her to Iranian Hospital, pay the fee and hope it's nothing serious. I would like to understand this requirement correctly. As for what I know, this is applicable for companies and not individuals. But if you have any resource online to clarify this matter I would appreciate. I am infact looking for an health insurance for my maid and every one of the proposal is over AED 3,000. Is that what everyone is paying or have I missed some plan. Laws have changed and you now have to submit proof of health insurance for your maid. Here's a recent quite I received from Dubai National Insurance Company and Orient Insurance Company.: DNIRC (Gold) 2106 DNIRC (Silver) 1959 AOIC (Green) 3847 AOIC (Silk Road) 3546 We used to have Noor Takaful insurance, but hey don't provide plans for domestic servants anymore. edited by Oopsiedaisy on 27/04/2015 Thanks for the info. Will check them out.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 11:12
My husband issued a health card for our housemaid. It costed around 300 dhs. I'm not sure if he issued it at dubai hospital or at the local clinic near our house, but now our housemaid can visit the clinic near home.
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 09:59
You probably don't want to hear this, but as her employer your required by law to provide her with health insurance. For now take her to Iranian Hospital, pay the fee and hope it's nothing serious. I would like to understand this requirement correctly. As for what I know, this is applicable for companies and not individuals. But if you have any resource online to clarify this matter I would appreciate. I am infact looking for an health insurance for my maid and every one of the proposal is over AED 3,000. Is that what everyone is paying or have I missed some plan. Laws have changed and you now have to submit proof of health insurance for your maid. Here's a recent quite I received from Dubai National Insurance Company and Orient Insurance Company.: DNIRC (Gold) 2106 DNIRC (Silver) 1959 AOIC (Green) 3847 AOIC (Silk Road) 3546 We used to have Noor Takaful insurance, but hey don't provide plans for domestic servants anymore. <em>edited by Oopsiedaisy on 27/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 08:34
When we did our maids visa recently we were told that we can not do the Visa unless we have Health insurance for her as it is mandatory now. They explained to us that under the new mandatory Health insurance law everybody needs insurance. Say for instance, my husbands work has to provide insurance for him but not necessarily us, then my husband being our sponsor has to provide insurance for us, your maid being your employee you are obligated to provide her health insurance. We did provide our maid with Health insurance because anything can happen and it can cost you a lot more in the long run, we had friends who had a maid that had a stroke and was hospitalized for a while, they did not have insurance for their maid so had to pay the hospital fees themselves which nearly bankrupted them in the end.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 23:06
You probably don't want to hear this, but as her employer your required by law to provide her with health insurance. For now take her to Iranian Hospital, pay the fee and hope it's nothing serious. I would like to understand this requirement correctly. As for what I know, this is applicable for companies and not individuals. But if you have any resource online to clarify this matter I would appreciate. I am infact looking for an health insurance for my maid and every one of the proposal is over AED 3,000. Is that what everyone is paying or have I missed some plan.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 20:44
You probably don't want to hear this, but as her employer your required by law to provide her with health insurance. For now take her to Iranian Hospital, pay the fee and hope it's nothing serious.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY