Anyone have any opinions on Shadow Teacher | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone have any opinions on Shadow Teacher

Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 16:27
I went down the medication route with my eldest and it was a nightmare, eventually took him off them as it was just making him worse, but it is each to its own. My son was also behind and when we moved to Dubai I was lucky enough to put him a year back to help him catch up,(which I would never of been able to do in the UK) but it is a long hard struggle, patience, and perseverance are key also reward charts. Everyone has different way in dealing with everything that an ADHD child throws at you, and it is by no means an easy road, and at time help seems so distant. I would guess that it also depends on the school, if you are not working and can spare the time, ask the teachers to send home what is being done in class and you spend some time going through it with her, or if you can help her in class every now and then. Best of Luck
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 18:41
Does she really need a shadow? It may well be worth looking for which lessons she actually needs support in and see if you can employ someone directly (who is approved by the school) on a part time basis in order to reduce costs. I agree my Son is ADHD and he is assisted in class when needed, he has cue card stuck on his desk to help him concentrate, and we also have a reward system to, which motivates him. I know its not an easy thing to deal with and ADHD can be defined in so many ways, and the problems that come with it, with the learning and behaviour. best of luck on your decision
Latest post on 27 April 2015 - 11:19
Does she really need a shadow? It may well be worth looking for which lessons she actually needs support in and see if you can employ someone directly (who is approved by the school) on a part time basis in order to reduce costs.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY