cost to get UK visit visa for nanny is almost AED 2000? | ExpatWoman.com

cost to get UK visit visa for nanny is almost AED 2000?

Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 15:52
My friend took her nanny of 8 years to the UK on holiday. The nanny got on a train to go to the shops and was never seen again. Well, not quite, they have station CCTV footage which showed her meeting a man and getting into his car. Clearly pre-arranged. I think that it's very common for that to happen: one friend of mine went to Sweden with her maid and the maid disappeared within 24 hours. Another friend took her maid to Paris for the summer and the maid 'fell in with a bad crowd' whilst they were there and would meet with gentlemen in hotel rooms for an hour at a time... The worst though was another friend who moved back to the UK and was able to take her maid with her permanently: the maid hung around for about a year before disappearing with much of the contents of the house, and was wanted by both immigration and the police. Apparently she is now back in dubai :angry: ETA I think the cost is entirely justified, and am kind of surprised it's that low... Around 1.80 per day :biggrin:
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 15:34
My friend took her nanny of 8 years to the UK on holiday. The nanny got on a train to go to the shops and was never seen again. Well, not quite, they have station CCTV footage which showed her meeting a man and getting into his car. Clearly pre-arranged. I think that it's very common for that to happen: one friend of mine went to Sweden with her maid and the maid disappeared within 24 hours. Another friend took her maid to Paris for the summer and the maid 'fell in with a bad crowd' whilst they were there and would meet with gentlemen in hotel rooms for an hour at a time... The worst though was another friend who moved back to the UK and was able to take her maid with her permanently: the maid hung around for about a year before disappearing with much of the contents of the house, and was wanted by both immigration and the police. Apparently she is now back in dubai :angry: ETA I think the cost is entirely justified, and am kind of surprised it's that low... (Can't you quote just part of a post any more????????) Anyway - that's very worryng that this person is now in Dubai again and potentially working with another family!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 14:51
My friend took her nanny of 8 years to the UK on holiday. The nanny got on a train to go to the shops and was never seen again. Well, not quite, they have station CCTV footage which showed her meeting a man and getting into his car. Clearly pre-arranged. I think that it's very common for that to happen: one friend of mine went to Sweden with her maid and the maid disappeared within 24 hours. Another friend took her maid to Paris for the summer and the maid 'fell in with a bad crowd' whilst they were there and would meet with gentlemen in hotel rooms for an hour at a time... The worst though was another friend who moved back to the UK and was able to take her maid with her permanently: the maid hung around for about a year before disappearing with much of the contents of the house, and was wanted by both immigration and the police. Apparently she is now back in dubai :angry: ETA I think the cost is entirely justified, and am kind of surprised it's that low...
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 13:40
My friend took her nanny of 8 years to the UK on holiday. The nanny got on a train to go to the shops and was never seen again. Well, not quite, they have station CCTV footage which showed her meeting a man and getting into his car. Clearly pre-arranged.
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 11:44
Hi Just started the UK visa application process for the family and realized its GBP 324 to get a domestic worker visa(thats the category they fall under) for my nanny. Thats an unusually high amount to pay for a 6 month visa. Anyone on the forum has a recent experience of taking their help to UK? I have a young boy and would like to have some free time just exploring London with DH once baby is asleep :) Thanks M There are nanny agencies in London and babysitting services with qualified police checked staff. This price is just the start, the costs of taking a maid to the UK will be more as some abscond. I don't think it's high at all, if it was me i'd make it far more!
Latest post on 28 May 2015 - 09:58
Hi Just started the UK visa application process for the family and realized its GBP 324 to get a domestic worker visa(thats the category they fall under) for my nanny. Thats an unusually high amount to pay for a 6 month visa. Anyone on the forum has a recent experience of taking their help to UK? I have a young boy and would like to have some free time just exploring London with DH once baby is asleep :) Thanks M If that is what is says on the gov.uk website then it will be correct Their fees for other services are always correct so it will be that price.
Latest post on 27 May 2015 - 23:42
Hi Just started the UK visa application process for the family and realized its GBP 324 to get a domestic worker visa(thats the category they fall under) for my nanny. Thats an unusually high amount to pay for a 6 month visa. Anyone on the forum has a recent experience of taking their help to UK? I have a young boy and would like to have some free time just exploring London with DH once baby is asleep :) Thanks M

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY