Nanny with attitude! | ExpatWoman.com

Nanny with attitude!

Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 11:46
Just to add - the eating was not my biggest issue. Everything else that I mentioned was.
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 18:10
She is in SriLanka now. I sent her back on the first flight available. What she ate - Everything! Crackers, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Rainbow milk (a can a day), Tea (an entire box in 3 days), Fruits, Vegetables, Biscuits, Chocolates, Sweets (lots of sweets), etc..... She can wipe your refrigerator clean!
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:25
Any update to this Feasting-Nanny-Gate?
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 20:15
can you tell us what she ate, that was a 'LOT'? Just so we know what to look out for. thanks.
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 18:10
But is she in Sri Lanka or here?
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 11:59
Hi Ladies and/or anybody visiting/interested in this article, I was double-minded before I started to post this, but then I said to myself - I wouldn't want anybody else to go through what I went through. It is [u'>important information that I would want any mother to have[/u'>, so here goes.. I am a mother of a lovely 8 month old baby boy, in urgent need for a nanny-cum-maid (as nearly everybody in Dubai is), I looked up available nannies on Dubizzle. I found a contact number in Dubai and rang it, a lady answered and mentioned that her aunt in Sri Lanka was looking for a job. I got her number and rang her up. On the other side, was a lovely lady, ever so polite, and spoke perfect English. I thought to myself - I didn't have to repeat a single sentence, and this lady understood me so well. She agreed to the terms and conditions, payment terms, and I reached a mutual consensus with her requests. A few days later, she was sat on a flight, on her way to our home. The first two days that she was with us, she was perfect. She would do more than told, keep the home spic-and-span, take care of my baby etc. [b'>[u'>A couple of days later - she developed an 'attitude'.[/u'>[/b'> She spoke[u'> rudely [/u'>with my family members when asked to do basic work such as cleaning and on one instance she was outright [u'>rude with me.[/u'> I ignored these, thinking that she will settle in. To my disappointment, it got worse. I had only been with her for a month at this time. My husband and I sat her down on a couple of occasions, and explained to her, that if she wants this arrangement to be long-term then [u'>she needs to 'adjust'. [/u'>Everybody needs to adjust at a job. We never stopped her pay, or treated her badly. She was free to eat whatever she liked (which I must tell you was a LOT). She had a fully furnished room of her own and we got her toiletries as well. Her medical, air ticket, visa costs, everything was covered by us. The last thing that ticked me off, [b'>[u'>was her being rude and arrogant again.[/u'>[/b'> My baby crawls on the floor and so I asked her to clean the floor. [b'>She said NO I WONT.[/b'> I said "Do you want to work here or not"? She said "no". She started to complain about how she thought this job was going to be about taking care of my baby only and I said - I was very clear on what was required of you, bit-by-bit. Moreover, I had specifically asked her before she came over,[b'>[u'> if she had a medical condition, and she denied it. [/u'>[/b'>When she came, she would never do anything that required her to bend down because [b'>[u'>she had knee issues.[/u'>[/b'> Imagine not being able to do that with an 8 month old crawling all over the house! She said she was'nt happy and so I sent her back on the next flight after having paid her all her dues. I was'nt able to get any past reference for her, which I regret and so I'd like the next home to know this beforehand. I know she was looking at some European and American families to go to. I was left stranded without a maid, in the early morning hours, and I dont want any family facing that again. [b'>She has had two short stints before [/b'>- at a home in Bahrain 2 years ago and at a Royal Household in Dubai earlier this year (where she was kicked out from). [b'>Each of these were for 2-3 months maximum. [/b'>Not a great keeper I tell you. [u'>The last comments I made to her were - I truly hope you find a job where you do not have to adjust, and where your attitude is appreciated. She was ungrateful for everything we gave her, and the way we treated her so well.[/u'> She goes by the nick-name Shanaz, although her real name is Ruvina Mohothar, from Matale, available on facebook. You have been informed! Good Luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY