iPhone servicing and repair | ExpatWoman.com

iPhone servicing and repair

Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 18:50
The Apple warranty is world wide . However the Apple retailers here do not want to honour it . My daughter broke her screen on her Iphone 6 and took it to Apple store in UK , their policy is they have 24 hrs to fix it or they give you a new phone . I took my other daughters Iphone 6 to ABM Care today and they said yes it is covered under warranty but they do not repair screens so I have to pay 1250 aed for a replacement phone but they cannot tell me if it is a new phone or a re conditioned phone and it then only has the remainder or the original warranty . I am taking it to europe to see if I can get it fixed in an Apple Store . Alternatively and official Apple store is due to open in MOE this month lets see if they have the same policy's as the rest of the world !
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 17:13
I am thinking of buying an iPhone in the UK before returning to the UAE. If it breaks down in the UAE, will it still be able to be repaired or serviced even thought it was bought in the UK. I've heard that iPhone 5s can be repaired but iPhone 6 can only be repaired if it's Model A1586. I've also heard that no iPhone bought in the UK can be fixed in the UAE and I would have to post it to a friend in the UK who would then have to take it in to an Apple store and then post it back to me. Anyone have any experience with having their UK-bought iPhone 6 or 5s repaired in the UAE? I don't mean a screen-change, more like a technical malfunction. ABM care in Tecom do all Apple products, they are the main service/repairer for all apple products in the UAE I had my iphone 5 fixed there and that was purchased in the UK Aren't they cheaper to buy in the UAE?
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 16:20
I am thinking of buying an iPhone in the UK before returning to the UAE. If it breaks down in the UAE, will it still be able to be repaired or serviced even thought it was bought in the UK. I've heard that iPhone 5s can be repaired but iPhone 6 can only be repaired if it's Model A1586. I've also heard that no iPhone bought in the UK can be fixed in the UAE and I would have to post it to a friend in the UK who would then have to take it in to an Apple store and then post it back to me. Anyone have any experience with having their UK-bought iPhone 6 or 5s repaired in the UAE? I don't mean a screen-change, more like a technical malfunction.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY