Advice please ladies | ExpatWoman.com

Advice please ladies

Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 03:08

Hey ladies...need some advice...from last few years I'm suffering from chronic constipation & piles...now it is getting worse & annoying...I visited dr Emmad fayyad in medcare medicines he prescribed worked good for few months but now even with medicine my condition not working ??...should I go for piles surgery?
Can anyone suggest any other good doctor or surgeon ??...I can't even enjoy my life now...

Latest post on 12 October 2015 - 09:24
Eat a lot of fiber (wholewheat bread/khubus) and have husk regularly.. also eat figs they are very good for constipation.. I don't have piles but this helps me in my constipation
Latest post on 12 October 2015 - 00:29
You poor girl, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you. I have only had this issue when I was pregnant and that was bad enough. Good luck :)
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 01:38
Thank you ladies for all the tips...really appreciated I am really considering healthy diet...my pile is scary big but I pray it go away without surgery Thank you so much. God bless you all
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 19:52
A doctor here recommended a friend use Neo Healar cream & suppositories as a last resort to avoid surgery for piles and it worked for him. They are available over the counter from some pharmacies and they are a natural herbal remedy. Definitely worth you trying them before opting for surgery. The doctor also said to avoid sitting on the toilet for long periods, as that makes piles worse - although that's easier said than done if you've got constipation.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 17:21
BEFORE you even consider looking at a surgical option or taking loads of meds, make sure you are tested for digestive disorders - Celiacs, Crones, IBS, food intolerances. All of these can cause these problems. A good healthy diet with exercise is key in battling this. I very nearly went down the surgery route, but have managed to get it under control in other ways.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 17:08
Have you tried various natural foods ?- I find Brazil nuts more than very effective for anything in that department - in fact they have the opposite effect - I have to avoid them! You may find another kind of nut helps if not Brazil! Also things like berries such as blackberries, raspberries and red currents ( all in large supermarkets) should help - or even just eating a lot of raw fruit - unpeeled apples and pears etc. In the old days people use to just take caster oil and/or senakot.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 11:15
A great way to combat constipation, in addition to the healthy diet, is to buy powdered magnesium and mix it with water and a squeeze of lemon. It is magical for constipation. People who are on strong opioid pain killers for chronic pain for which chronic constipation is a side effect, use this, and it works.Can't help on the piles front - my husband had a new p rocedure done in lebanon, it was less invasive than the traditional surgery and the recovery was quicker. But I'm not sure if they do it here. Thank you Ginnee...from where can I get magnesium?...how frequently should I use this drink...what kind of procedure your husband went through. Was it banding? You just go to any pharmacy and ask for magnesium powder. You drink it in juice or water with a squeeze of lemon once a day. About one tablespoon. You must drink it with lemon juice as the acid activates the anti-constipation properties. You'll find it works very effectively. I'll have to ask hubby about his procedure. It's a new device they use - a camera that searches for the veins that are feeding the hemorrhoid, and then they cauterize the vein or tie it off or something, to cut off the supply of blood. It was very effective and his was a very bad case. I'll get back to you about it.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 04:13
A great way to combat constipation, in addition to the healthy diet, is to buy powdered magnesium and mix it with water and a squeeze of lemon. It is magical for constipation. People who are on strong opioid pain killers for chronic pain for which chronic constipation is a side effect, use this, and it works.Can't help on the piles front - my husband had a new p rocedure done in lebanon, it was less invasive than the traditional surgery and the recovery was quicker. But I'm not sure if they do it here. Thank you Ginnee...from where can I get magnesium?...how frequently should I use this drink...what kind of procedure your husband went through. Was it banding?
Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 20:46
A great way to combat constipation, in addition to the healthy diet, is to buy powdered magnesium and mix it with water and a squeeze of lemon. It is magical for constipation. People who are on strong opioid pain killers for chronic pain for which chronic constipation is a side effect, use this, and it works.Can't help on the piles front - my husband had a new p rocedure done in lebanon, it was less invasive than the traditional surgery and the recovery was quicker. But I'm not sure if they do it here.
Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 18:21
Not fun, been there, done that! You have to get the constipation sorted out first or the piles will just return after surgery. Exercise (brisk walking or running) really helps, as well as 1 glass of prune juice every day and psyllium husks from the chemist. Drink lots of water. Warm water stimulates the bowels. Don't eat any rice as really constipating! Once you solve that problem, if still a problem, get surgery. I had mine done in the US so can't advise on a surgery. Good luck. Thanks sue for all tips...today I was thinking that will not give up on this disease & fight back...though I'm a huge meat & rice lover but it's time to be vegetarian...not big deal..cuz it's affecting my *** life also and we want to start family too...next week I'm joining Pilates class also...I already drink lots of water but even one meaty dinner makes my life worse...now I'm working on eating more fibre. Do pray for me. Thanks
Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 07:29
Not fun, been there, done that! You have to get the constipation sorted out first or the piles will just return after surgery. Exercise (brisk walking or running) really helps, as well as 1 glass of prune juice every day and psyllium husks from the chemist. Drink lots of water. Warm water stimulates the bowels. Don't eat any rice as really constipating! Once you solve that problem, if still a problem, get surgery. I had mine done in the US so can't advise on a surgery. Good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY