Moving to Abu Dhabi in January | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Abu Dhabi in January

Latest post on 07 December 2015 - 16:31
Hi You should look at Al Raha Beach Area - Al Muneera or Al Zeina, apartments there are spacious and there are facilities on your doorstep such as supermarkets, cafes, beach and pools. Ive just moved to Al Muneera and love not having to drive everywhere. Its only about 10 minutes from the airport door to door, and not too bad a commute for your husband either. Only 10 minutes to Yas island with Yas Mall, lots of hotels and the marina, so definitely a good location for that. For schools, its a bit of a drive - I am 35 minutes to my daughters school, (BSAK) there is also Cranleigh school on Saadiyat Island, in fact Saadiyat apartments would be another good option for you to look at, and right on an awesome beach. Its hard to find somewhere that ticks all the boxes but I'd say do some research on Al Muneera, Al Zeina and Saadiyat. There's also Reem Island which is closer to the city, but I think with the outside areas and the general feel of the place, Raha Beach is more family friendly. Hope that helps! I second Al Raha beach (Al Zeina or Al Muneera), its very family friendly and really great community. I live in Al Zeina, we have private beach, pools, etc. And as mentioned above we're only 10 mins away from Yas mall, and the airport. There are plenty of schools in Khalifa City, within 15mins drive (Al Yasmina, Al Raha international school, Gems, Brighton college, etc) Good luck!
Latest post on 23 November 2015 - 18:08
Thanks very much. That's tremendously helpful :-)
Latest post on 12 November 2015 - 15:16
Hi You should look at Al Raha Beach Area - Al Muneera or Al Zeina, apartments there are spacious and there are facilities on your doorstep such as supermarkets, cafes, beach and pools. Ive just moved to Al Muneera and love not having to drive everywhere. Its only about 10 minutes from the airport door to door, and not too bad a commute for your husband either. Only 10 minutes to Yas island with Yas Mall, lots of hotels and the marina, so definitely a good location for that. For schools, its a bit of a drive - I am 35 minutes to my daughters school, (BSAK) there is also Cranleigh school on Saadiyat Island, in fact Saadiyat apartments would be another good option for you to look at, and right on an awesome beach. Its hard to find somewhere that ticks all the boxes but I'd say do some research on Al Muneera, Al Zeina and Saadiyat. There's also Reem Island which is closer to the city, but I think with the outside areas and the general feel of the place, Raha Beach is more family friendly. Hope that helps!
Latest post on 11 November 2015 - 14:18
Hello, I'm going to be moving (from the UK) to Abu Dhabi in January with my husband and 18 month old daughter and I'd really appreciate some advice on where to live. My husband's office will be at Abu Dhabi gate and he will be using the airport fairly frequently. We would like to live somewhere 'family friendly' within easy access of malls and other amenities. My little one won't be going to school for some time, but we don't really want to move once we have found somewhere that we like, so easy access to good schools (any recommendations?) would be desirable. As my husband will be away a fair bit, I'd prefer to live in an apartment complex (I think the package will extend to a three bed apartment) with a pool and possibly a play area rather than a villa (I think that the package states 'apartment' in any case'. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!!! :-)