Expat puts kind family in huge debt - pls share the story! | ExpatWoman.com

Expat puts kind family in huge debt - pls share the story!

Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 09:25
millymoo, your heart is in the right place in trying to help your friend ........have they contacted a lawyer to see what can be done? spoken to the people who he owes money too? I am not sure how many people would be willing to help pay off someone elses debt on gofundme :( and I honestly cannot offer any suggestions...good luck to them, very sad situation and a hard lesson :(
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 08:43
Hi ladies, A good friend of mine that I've know for quite a few years needs help. In 2011, a man called R asked my friend's husband to go guarantor for him for a massive debt. My friend's husband made the mistake of helping and trusting R that he would go back home to Germany and return with the money. He never did. My friend then had to hand in her passport to get her husband out of jail. I suggested to my friend to start a gofundme account because I don't know how else to help her. She is a great mother who puts her children's wellbeing first and will do anything to try and get them out of this situation. If you would please consider donating or even just sharing her story, we'd be very grateful.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY