Social worker | ExpatWoman.com

Social worker

Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 14:42

Hi guys!
I haven't yet moved to uae and need some advice. So here goes, I am from Ireland, I returned to university as a mature student and will qualify next year as a social worker with a Bachelor degree in Social work at the age of 32. I have minimum qualifications to work as a Montessori teacher to under 6 and have 10 years experience working with children of all abilities from the stage of small infants to teenage years. I have an Irish qualification in community Care/development, special needs assistance, training delivery and evaluation which are all below degree level. Over the past year I have been educating inner city youths in health promotion.

My brother moved to UAE two years ago and I have being traveling over and back a number of time and I have fallen in love with the place. I plan on moving over full time September 2017. My brother is located in Abu Dhabi but I'd prefer to live in Dubai.

I understand direct social work positions are hard to come by in UAE. With my qualifications is there anything else I can do that is going to pay well enough for me to afford my own place and a decent social life? Is there any government agencies, mental health centres, disability centres, child protection agencies, schools or criminal justice departments that employ social workers or probation officers? I have been trying my best to research this information but all I'm finding over the net but all I'm finding is little snippets in newspaper reports.

All advice and information is welcomed and thank you in advance ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY