Foxhill / New Bridge Hill apts in Motor City | ExpatWoman.com

Foxhill / New Bridge Hill apts in Motor City

Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 10:18

Hi!

Would appreciate feedback from motor city residents.
We are looking to move and checked out an apartment in Foxhill 8. We love the apartment itself, in terms of terrace and room sizes. However, the building itself looks run down. Entrance to the buildings are also not very great, just a security table. How is maintenence? Are the terrace apartments secure enough?
And community wise is how is the living? Is it a good nationality mix?
I have a 7 yr old daughter who studies at DIA, so a feedback on the school run time would help.

I did a search and found only old threads, so would love an update.

Many thanks.

Latest post on 23 May 2016 - 08:59
Thanks a lot, georgiapeach. Your input is invaluable, I think we will be looking into the other buildings in MC as well now. I looked only these two because of the huge spaces. Thanks again
Latest post on 23 May 2016 - 07:14
Hi, I live just behind foxhill in Barton House. We also looked at both foxhill and newbridge before deciding on Barton House. These are the reasons we decided not to live there. 1. Parking is awful and since they share parking with retail it is always full or packed. 2. Yes, the buildings are run down and felt as we would be living in a dorm. However we loved the size. 3. The noise from the race track is very loud during the winter. My husband works at night sometimes so we couldn't risk the noise during the day. We like living in the community but the apartments behind are better in my opinion and I still can walk to the stores. Hopes this helps!!!
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 20:33
Hi Alemania, Thanks for your reply. it's very helpful. Will pursue on the maintenance front as we proceed.
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 17:22
Buildings in Motor City aren't the newest, it's true. I have a friend in Foxhill 8, she seems happy with her apartment. Check the maintenance of the apartment itself, it's the most important. Our LL made for us a maintenance contract with ServeU, it costs 3000 for a year but you get your ACs serviced 3 times and you can call them whenever you need. We are at Shakespeare Circus and have had many maintenance issues with drains and water leaks, but our previous apartment in JBR was not better. There are 24 hour security guards at the gates and in every building only at day time. It seems like not very secure, but I actually feel secure in the community. It's very pet and kids friendly and I cannot say anything bad about my neighbours, many different nationalities.
Latest post on 22 May 2016 - 16:02
Hi! Would appreciate feedback from motor city residents. We are looking to move and checked out an apartment in Foxhill 8. We love the apartment itself, in terms of terrace and room sizes. However, the building itself looks run down. Entrance to the buildings are also not very great, just a security table. How is maintenence? Are the terrace apartments secure enough? And community wise is how is the living? Is it a good nationality mix? I have a 7 yr old daughter who studies at DIA, so a feedback on the school run time would help. I did a search and found only old threads, so would love an update. Many thanks. Bumping., pls anyone?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY