Kissing your kids on the lips: wrong or fine? | ExpatWoman.com

Kissing your kids on the lips: wrong or fine?

Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 16:46

Maybe some of you have seen in the news recently that Victoria Beckham has been slammed by her followers for posting an image of her kissing her child on the lips...

[url=https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasminnahar/people-are-defending-victoria-beckh... can read the full story here.[/url]

We'd like to know your thoughts -- are you a parent who kisses their children on their lips? Or if not, why and is it acceptable? At what age do you need to stop?

Latest post on 31 July 2016 - 08:36
Maybe some of you have seen in the news recently that Victoria Beckham has been slammed by her followers for posting an image of her kissing her child on the lips... [url=https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasminnahar/people-are-defending-victoria-beckham-after-she-was-slammed?utm_term=.nbYmM2z7q#.qn898r2OY'>You can read the full story here.[/url'> We'd like to know your thoughts -- are you a parent who kisses their children on their lips? Or if not, why and is it acceptable? At what age do you need to stop? Is this Admin's attempt at stimulating debate / conversation on a pretty dormat forum? And that's a huge problem, because...? :loser:
Latest post on 29 July 2016 - 10:42
Maybe some of you have seen in the news recently that Victoria Beckham has been slammed by her followers for posting an image of her kissing her child on the lips... [url=https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasminnahar/people-are-defending-victoria-beckham-after-she-was-slammed?utm_term=.nbYmM2z7q#.qn898r2OY'>You can read the full story here.[/url'> We'd like to know your thoughts -- are you a parent who kisses their children on their lips? Or if not, why and is it acceptable? At what age do you need to stop? Is this Admin's attempt at stimulating debate / conversation on a pretty dormat forum?
Latest post on 26 July 2016 - 01:32
It's a totally personal thing - no-one else's business how you kiss your children. Do we really have nothing better to do than endlessly judge each other ?
Latest post on 24 July 2016 - 04:44
I find sometimes, people on here overthink. Kissing your children on the lips is not a problem. If someone outside feels it is a problem, then it is their problem and they must figure out why they think it is a problem and look at their own history......kissings lips is not always sexual ok,,, if someone thinks that is the only thing lip kissing is for, then they must look inside an wonder why. Kiss your kids, tilt your head, smother them in kisses...give them a good smackeron the mouth!!! just do it..
Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 07:02
I think it's ok if it's natural for the child to kiss the parent on the lips, but I found its too personal to put that kind of pictures on Instagram, don't know why but it's just the way I feel.
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 21:40
I think it's OK...up to a certain age of course. However my problem with VB's pic, is not her fault, as I doubt she was thinking this deeply about it but...the head tilt. It made it so that I swear to God when I first saw the pic from afar, as a small thumbnail on the DM sidebar of shame, I honestly thought "Oh here we go. Which female celebs are being faux lesbians for attention again?" When I looked closer and saw it was her and her 5 year old child, I was horrified that I'd thought that! :\: But there's something about that positioning that tells my brain it's a romantic kiss. And when I saw it again a few days later, again, my first thought was "These girls must be in BB. Kissing to play up to the cameras and stay in and- OH MY GOD IT'S VB AND HER DAUGHTER AGAIN ARRRGGGHHHH!!!" :cry:
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 21:01
Wasn't there a whole thread on this not that long ago? Yep.... Vaguely remembering it. Found it....... http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic240969-gross-or-not.aspx I thought I had commented but hadn't. Well here goes.......... I'm a FTM and I cannot stop kissing my gorgeous baby girl. I'm so in love with her and kiss her relentless throughout the day. Poor mite. I do kiss her all over and particularly on the mouth. 1 I think it's natural 2.It is building up her immunity 3. She's mine. Anyone that looks at this as anything other than pure and innocent is seriously messed up in the head. Had LO been a boy would have made no difference and I would be exactly the same. I will continue to do this until my child shies away from me be that 3, 13 or 23 or 30! People need to mind their business. Incidentally Daddy doesn't kiss her lips as a rule. 1. Daddy works and meets lots of people on a daily basis. 2. He's away a lot from her and may have germs 3. He shaves therefore has stubble- spiky, plus Aftershave on mouth area. These are the only reasons and we've never discussed this. It would not bother me/us if he did peck his Daughter on the mouth anyhow and I expect he will once we are home and we see him every day. My view and my view only. Outside of us I believe close family should only kiss babies on the top of their forehead.
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 20:41
Wasn't there a whole thread on this not that long ago? Yep.... Vaguely remembering it.
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 20:24
I think anyone who takes issue with a kiss on their child's lips (at any age) needs to re-evaluate their thinking. Why would it be weird, ever? Now, slipping them the tongue would be disgusting and of deep concern but seriously... I think you stop when you feel like you should. I don't think I would make a point of leaning over to plant one on a grown son's lips nor do I expect that he would lean in either. I am guessing kids and parents (for the most part) stop doing that around puberty but it is of no concern to anyone else, in my opinion.
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 19:14
Wasn't there a whole thread on this not that long ago?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY