DIVORCE (help please) | ExpatWoman.com

DIVORCE (help please)

Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 14:55
my husband and i have been married since 25th april 2016. (less than 4 months) and he is currently seeking a divorce through dubai courts. we are both from different countries and we got married in a different country too. i have tried to reconcile but all efforts prove fruitless. luckily none of us have committed adultery or such. i was pregnant 3 months ago and lost the baby due to missed miscarriage less than a month ago. Now my husband wants a divorce. i really don't know how i will be able to support myself here in dubai alone if/when the divorce is granted. sadly, i hear it may not be possible to get any settlement through the shariah courts . and i also hear you can get dowry, nafket motto, and naffed eda. I'm not so sure yet. i'll like to know some advice from other women first before proceeding to see a lawyer. any advice ladies? This may help answer some questions http://www.thenational.ae/business/personal-finance/if-you-really-must-divorce-this-is-how-it-happens-in-uae
Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 14:38
Consult a lawyer.
Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 11:16
my husband and i have been married since 25th april 2016. (less than 4 months) and he is currently seeking a divorce through dubai courts. we are both from different countries and we got married in a different country too. i have tried to reconcile but all efforts prove fruitless. luckily none of us have committed adultery or such. i was pregnant 3 months ago and lost the baby due to missed miscarriage less than a month ago. Now my husband wants a divorce. i really don't know how i will be able to support myself here in dubai alone if/when the divorce is granted. sadly, i hear it may not be possible to get any settlement through the shariah courts . and i also hear you can get dowry, nafket motto, and naffed eda. I'm not so sure yet. i'll like to know some advice from other women first before proceeding to see a lawyer. any advice ladies?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY