Nannies in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Nannies in Dubai

Latest post on 25 August 2016 - 16:33
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding nannies as I am searching for one and the process is really stressfuly and frustrating. I got in touch with a recruitment compnay who ensured me it's completely legal to hire a nanny on someone else's visa and was almost on the point of doing that until I got confirmation from different sources (like ministry of interior) that it is absolutely illegal, the fines are huge and you can even go to jail. My question is, how is it possible that these companies continue to fucntion and thrive while lying to people? I am sure I'n not the first nor the last one to have paid money and gotten nothing in return. By the way, one of the candidates was on a sales visa, so I am pretty sure it is illegal to work as a maid if you're on a sales visa. Another one said that the best first aid action for a chocking baby is to shake the baby...I am serious...she showed me how to do it!!! The majority of these girls though are good people and really want to find a good job and someone to pay them well...of course this is up to each one's pocket. But they are lied to by everyone, by the recruitment companies who probably take money from them to list them as candidates and ensure them it's legal for them to work on someone else's visa, and most probably by the sponsors as well, who charge them double or more of the cost of visa and most probably a lot of them know it's illegal. I wonder why nobody is taking action on these companies.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY