Can't get my babies birth certificate as less than 6 months on my marriage certificate | ExpatWoman.com

Can't get my babies birth certificate as less than 6 months on my marriage certificate

Latest post on 01 January 2000 - 00:00

Hi everyone

Would appreciate any advice on this subject as it's a really stressful time for me and my family

We have 5months 15 days on the marriage certificate and when I went to get my baby's birth certificate they told us to go to Dubai court with 2 witnesses get a form from the judge and come back.

We went to the court and then they issued us a date to see the judge we went and he told us we have a second hearing and they have sent it to public prosecution to get their opinion.

This scares me as if public prosecution decide to open a case against us for having less than 6 months on the marriage certificate this could be a massive problem with big consequences such as jail.

Does anyone have any advice ? Anyone been in this situation before ?

Latest post on 05 October 2016 - 15:21
Is it true that they will report to the police, an unmarried mother who goes into labor at the hospital? It sure is a bit scary here with regard to these things! What is an undocumented marriage? Is it a person/couple claiming they were married before their family and friends but with no official person or record to declare it? Would that be considered legal in the eyes of the courts for the purpose of the birth of a baby?
Latest post on 03 October 2016 - 09:47
Best place to offer you advice, would be your local embassy / consulate here. They would have a list of recommended legal experts here if need be.
Latest post on 02 October 2016 - 14:19
The link is Arabic from Arabic UAE newspaper, it explain that a couple had a baby with less than 180 days for their marriage to prove the baby is born in legal marriage, the mother been prisecuted for having child born out of wedlock and lost her case at the first instance, the father contested the case and demanded to be named the father of the child on the birth certificate then he lost his appeal, then both contested it and gave paper states they both got married Urfi - undocumented marriage- before the actual legal marriage and got friends and family state they both were married urfi before the legal marriage... And the 3 moths jail sentence been suspended for both I suggest you get your marriage certificate attested if you both were married outside of UAE - which this can resolved the issue and drop the case against both of you. If you were married here, well, show this article to the lawyer - he/she will be able to get the case numbers and use it to show the judge there were a priore case to asquite both of you of criminal charges... HTH Thanks for your reply We got married in the uk and we had it arrested by the UAE embassy in U.K. And also foreign affairs here but obviously it's falls just short of 180 days We also had an undocumented marriage that would be over a year ago, if we get the documents proving this marriage would the case then be dropped? Yes, as per the article if you prove them the case will be dropped. Good luck and stay positive. You might like to include your consulate to give you details of a good lawyer? In any case you need a good lawyer that will finish the whole thing as soon as possible. Sending positive vibes and hugs to you all.
Latest post on 02 October 2016 - 13:27
The link is Arabic from Arabic UAE newspaper, it explain that a couple had a baby with less than 180 days for their marriage to prove the baby is born in legal marriage, the mother been prisecuted for having child born out of wedlock and lost her case at the first instance, the father contested the case and demanded to be named the father of the child on the birth certificate then he lost his appeal, then both contested it and gave paper states they both got married Urfi - undocumented marriage- before the actual legal marriage and got friends and family state they both were married urfi before the legal marriage... And the 3 moths jail sentence been suspended for both I suggest you get your marriage certificate attested if you both were married outside of UAE - which this can resolved the issue and drop the case against both of you. If you were married here, well, show this article to the lawyer - he/she will be able to get the case numbers and use it to show the judge there were a priore case to asquite both of you of criminal charges... HTH Thanks for your reply We got married in the uk and we had it arrested by the UAE embassy in U.K. And also foreign affairs here but obviously it's falls just short of 180 days We also had an undocumented marriage that would be over a year ago, if we get the documents proving this marriage would the case then be dropped?
Latest post on 02 October 2016 - 13:22
The link is Arabic from Arabic UAE newspaper, it explain that a couple had a baby with less than 180 days for their marriage to prove the baby is born in legal marriage, the mother been prisecuted for having child born out of wedlock and lost her case at the first instance, the father contested the case and demanded to be named the father of the child on the birth certificate then he lost his appeal, then both contested it and gave paper states they both got married Urfi - undocumented marriage- before the actual legal marriage and got friends and family state they both were married urfi before the legal marriage... And the 3 moths jail sentence been suspended for both I suggest you get your marriage certificate attested if you both were married outside of UAE - which this can resolved the issue and drop the case against both of you. If you were married here, well, show this article to the lawyer - he/she will be able to get the case numbers and use it to show the judge there were a priore case to asquite both of you of criminal charges... HTH Thanks for your reply We got married in the uk and we had it arrested by the UAE embassy in U.K. And also foreign affairs here but obviously it's falls just short of 180 days
Latest post on 02 October 2016 - 12:55
The link is Arabic from Arabic UAE newspaper, it explain that a couple had a baby with less than 180 days for their marriage to prove the baby is born in legal marriage, the mother been prisecuted for having child born out of wedlock and lost her case at the first instance, the father contested the case and demanded to be named the father of the child on the birth certificate then he lost his appeal, then both contested it and gave paper states they both got married Urfi - undocumented marriage- before the actual legal marriage and got friends and family state they both were married urfi before the legal marriage... And the 3 moths jail sentence been suspended for both I suggest you get your marriage certificate attested if you both were married outside of UAE - which this can resolved the issue and drop the case against both of you. If you were married here, well, show this article to the lawyer - he/she will be able to get the case numbers and use it to show the judge there were a priore case to asquite both of you of criminal charges... HTH
Latest post on 02 October 2016 - 08:51
Hi the link you sent is in Arabic what does it say? Thanks for your advice
Latest post on 02 October 2016 - 02:12
From what you said, you both are heading toward criminal case!!! You need to get legal aid or lawyer, found this and you should show it to your lawyer http://www.emaratalyoum.com/local-section/accidents/2013-02-18-1.550543 Hope things get sorted out and the lawyer help you. Sending you positive vibes and praying for you and you young family safty Hugs

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY