Finding a job in Dubai as a fresh graduate | ExpatWoman.com

Finding a job in Dubai as a fresh graduate

Latest post on 19 October 2016 - 10:20

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some advice on coming & finding a job in Dubai. I'm from India and have been trying to find an internship/traineeship/permanent job from India since Sept 2016 and some companies were interested to interview me but they later say that they only want local candidates. I have done one internship and the rest are extra-curricular activities e.g, AIESEC, Common Purpose UK etc and I studied at University of Nottingham. So I have a few questions which are as follows:

1) Should I take the risk and come here on a 3 month visa as a fresher or should I get some experience in India first? I've heard that here only UAE experience counts. Is it true?

2) I also heard that currently the UAE job market is down so is Jan 2017 a good time for me to come or Feb/Mar 2017?

3) What are the best ways to find a job in Dubai as a fresher? Are there any recruitment consultancies in UAE that cater to freshers? I know about internsme.com and have applied there for many positions.

4) Should I attest my transcripts at a UAE embassy in India before coming to Dubai? Do I have to attest only my most recent academic transcripts?

5) How do I find accommodation before I come to Dubai? Where can I find info on the total cost of living here including rent, food, transport etc?

Thanks in advance!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY