Hijama- Islamic cupping therapy | ExpatWoman.com

Hijama- Islamic cupping therapy

Latest post on 30 October 2016 - 17:26

Hi all,

has anyone tried the Hijama/ Islamic cupping before and could recommend a reliable provider?
I would ideally look for a medical center or someone licenced..

Latest post on 03 January 2019 - 18:43
Hi ladies, my sincere apologies for the delay. Please see below her number: 0526109677 Kindly inform her that Zahra has referred you. I would love to know how it goes. May it benefit you.
Salam alaykom! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Could you give us an update for the phone number please? I am desperately looking for someone to get hijama done. Thank a lot.
Latest post on 09 July 2018 - 16:06
Hi ladies, my sincere apologies for the delay. Please see below her number: 0526109677 Kindly inform her that Zahra has referred you. I would love to know how it goes. May it benefit you.
Hi Its coming switched off :( Any other number?
Latest post on 26 January 2018 - 10:49
Latest post on 26 January 2018 - 05:56
Thank you very much for the great feedback Umm Sofia, I appreciate it! I have been referred to a lady in Sharjah and I am really keen on giving it a try as multiple people in my network have refer...
Hi Zuhaira, Please pass me on the number of the lady you mentioned for Hijama in Sharjah. I hope I get the healing I am looking for. Thanks in advance.
Latest post on 14 November 2017 - 18:32
hi zuhairah even i would love the number please. have been wanting to go for a long time but didnt know where thanks
Latest post on 14 November 2017 - 18:32
hi zuhairah even i would love the number please. have been wanting to go for a long time but didnt know where thanks
Latest post on 23 May 2017 - 17:34
Hi Zuhairah, Would you please share the number with me as well?
Latest post on 01 January 2017 - 23:08
Zuhairah, Please share the number with me as well.
Latest post on 25 December 2016 - 18:39
Hi all, Sooo.. I have seen the hijama lady in Sharjah and I am really impressed by the outcome. It's not a fancy salon and the lady does it in her majlis at home, but it has been a very authentic experience and I can certainly recommend it. She uses new cups for each customer and even though the conditions are very simple, it's very hygenic and the lady is very kind and answers any questions you may have and she talks you though the process. The whole procedure was almost pain free and even though I felt slightly dizzy afterwards I was totally ok driving home and I had the greatest sleep ever, feeling extremely refreshed the next day. The treatment has not helped with my back pain but I could feel an improvement in my energy levels. Let me know when you noted it down and I will delete it afterwards. Good luck! :-) Zuhairah ... really sorry I didnt catch the number can you please put it down .... million thanx done thank you
Latest post on 25 December 2016 - 17:40
Hi all, Sooo.. I have seen the hijama lady in Sharjah and I am really impressed by the outcome. It's not a fancy salon and the lady does it in her majlis at home, but it has been a very authentic experience and I can certainly recommend it. She uses new cups for each customer and even though the conditions are very simple, it's very hygenic and the lady is very kind and answers any questions you may have and she talks you though the process. The whole procedure was almost pain free and even though I felt slightly dizzy afterwards I was totally ok driving home and I had the greatest sleep ever, feeling extremely refreshed the next day. The treatment has not helped with my back pain but I could feel an improvement in my energy levels. Let me know when you noted it down and I will delete it afterwards. Good luck! :-) Zuhairah ... really sorry I didnt catch the number can you please put it down .... million thanx There you go!
Latest post on 23 December 2016 - 14:06
Hi all, Sooo.. I have seen the hijama lady in Sharjah and I am really impressed by the outcome. It's not a fancy salon and the lady does it in her majlis at home, but it has been a very authentic experience and I can certainly recommend it. She uses new cups for each customer and even though the conditions are very simple, it's very hygenic and the lady is very kind and answers any questions you may have and she talks you though the process. The whole procedure was almost pain free and even though I felt slightly dizzy afterwards I was totally ok driving home and I had the greatest sleep ever, feeling extremely refreshed the next day. The treatment has not helped with my back pain but I could feel an improvement in my energy levels. Let me know when you noted it down and I will delete it afterwards. Good luck! :-) Zuhairah ... really sorry I didnt catch the number can you please put it down .... million thanx
Latest post on 20 December 2016 - 09:16
Hi Twirl, sorry to hear about your migraines. I heard that Hijama can be very beneficial for this however, it is advised for you to check your blood beforehand as if you have Anemia it can be dangerous apparently so better to be safe I think. Thanks Zuhairah... thought the same..will definitely get it done in a clinic and inform about my anemia...god bless your treatment..! Thank you very much for the kindness twirl! God bless you too and may the treatment benefit you to the fullest!
Latest post on 19 December 2016 - 22:39
Hi Twirl, sorry to hear about your migraines. I heard that Hijama can be very beneficial for this however, it is advised for you to check your blood beforehand as if you have Anemia it can be dangerous apparently so better to be safe I think. Thanks Zuhairah... thought the same..will definitely get it done in a clinic and inform about my anemia...god bless your treatment..!
Latest post on 19 December 2016 - 17:01
In regards of the price the lady doesn't have a set price but tells you to pay whatever you like as from my understanding this kind of treatment shouldn't be charged, but the fee is rather a donation. I have asked friends who have seen her before and I was advised to pay 150 AED which I did.
Latest post on 19 December 2016 - 16:57
Hi all, Sooo.. I have seen the hijama lady in Sharjah and I am really impressed by the outcome. It's not a fancy salon and the lady does it in her majlis at home, but it has been a very authentic experience and I can certainly recommend it. She uses new cups for each customer and even though the conditions are very simple, it's very hygenic and the lady is very kind and answers any questions you may have and she talks you though the process. The whole procedure was almost pain free and even though I felt slightly dizzy afterwards I was totally ok driving home and I had the greatest sleep ever, feeling extremely refreshed the next day. The treatment has not helped with my back pain but I could feel an improvement in my energy levels. Let me know when you noted it down and I will delete it afterwards. Good luck! :-)
Latest post on 17 December 2016 - 20:35
Thank you very much for the great feedback Umm Sofia, I appreciate it! I have been referred to a lady in Sharjah and I am really keen on giving it a try as multiple people in my network have referred her to me and she is a nurse which makes me feel a bit more at ease. I will certainly keep you posted on the experience. I am currently looking into getting it done during the Sunnah (Permissible days) which are mid November. It's recommended to do it during these days to gain maximum benefit from it. Can you please share the Sharjah lady's number please.
Latest post on 14 December 2016 - 11:07
The dr at the Al Quoz clinic is great. She will book your appointments for the best dates and charges 150AED per cup used. She has homeopatic training also. 150 Per Cup!!!! That's too much. Thanks for the info thought. I pay 600 for 10 cups at cleopatra spa with a qualified Dr, and some people consider that too expensive LOL
Latest post on 14 December 2016 - 10:57
The dr at the Al Quoz clinic is great. She will book your appointments for the best dates and charges 150AED per cup used. She has homeopatic training also.
Latest post on 13 December 2016 - 17:35
Hi Twirl, sorry to hear about your migraines. I heard that Hijama can be very beneficial for this however, it is advised for you to check your blood beforehand as if you have Anemia it can be dangerous apparently so better to be safe I think. Hi Zuhairah, I did Hijama last month at cleopatra spa and felt a great difference in energy level. Wanted to go back this month but unfortunately the Dr will be off on the best Sunnah day for this month (Tues 20th), could you please share your experience as well as the contact of the lady you used. Thx
Latest post on 07 November 2016 - 08:42
Hi Twirl, sorry to hear about your migraines. I heard that Hijama can be very beneficial for this however, it is advised for you to check your blood beforehand as if you have Anemia it can be dangerous apparently so better to be safe I think.
Latest post on 06 November 2016 - 09:51
I have migraine issue since long, but they have become very frequent recently. I have heard hijama helps in that a lot. However my hemoglobin levels are always low which makes a bit apprehensive of the treatment. If I may ask what you want to get it done for Zuhairah and if you know whether the hemoglobin levels matters? . TIA
Latest post on 01 November 2016 - 09:38
Thank you for all the useful advise and you are absolutely right. Hygiene comes first! I am booked in for mid November for the first session, I will certainly let you know how it goes and if she is any good I will make sure to forward her details to you ladies.
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 17:28
Thank you so much for all this useful information ladies! 500- 600 is a reasonable fee for a reputable center. I have decided to see a lady in Sharjah who was spoken very highly of and I quiet like the spiritual aspect of it that she apparently does Islamic prayers while cupping. Let's see how it goes. :-) I am planning to go mid November as religiously these are the "Sunnah days" that are recommended for this kind of treatment. I will certainly keep you posted on how it goes. @Zuhairah good luck and please do let us know. I would love to see her. Take care if you are anaemic and make sure you are very well hydrated that day.
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 17:26
Thank you UmmSofia, I will make sure to do that just in case. In regards of the price I have done lots of research and most of the spa's and health centers charge around 500 AED whereas the herbal centers charge 100 AED for Consultation and 50 AED/ per cup wich comes to approx. 350 AED. The natural medicine men/ women don't give you a price but advise you to pay as you wish. I suppose this is the authentic way as it's a traditional treatment but of course it's different if you do it in a renowned center. I am still undecided which one to go for. I am tempted to do it the oldschool way but of course I need to be sure of hygiene. Will keep you posted for sure! @Zuhairah yes, my grandmother used to do it for her neighbours and never charged a penny. But unfortunately, times have changed and everyone has to pay rent. Personally I wouldn't mind even paying if it was a little more because I think it is a really important treatment to expel toxins and not many people know how to do it. I would go for the most recommended person I could find, if they are that good, they will absolutely take hygiene as a priority. They have to know what they are doing in order to perform this. The gentleman that did the treatment for my brothers took all kinds of equipment with him to make sure the area they sat on was clean and he sterelised the cups very well in front of them and then applied some kind of disinfecting substance (I don't remember what it was honestly) following the treatment. He also took care not to place too many cups. Some people really go over board and too many cups can become dangerous.
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 13:51
Thank you so much for all this useful information ladies! 500- 600 is a reasonable fee for a reputable center. I have decided to see a lady in Sharjah who was spoken very highly of and I quiet like the spiritual aspect of it that she apparently does Islamic prayers while cupping. Let's see how it goes. :-) I am planning to go mid November as religiously these are the "Sunnah days" that are recommended for this kind of treatment. I will certainly keep you posted on how it goes.
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 13:14
I've gone to the Sharjah Center I'd have to look up the name of it but it's the one that doesn't take appointments, it's all walk in. It was 500dhs and they put I think about 10 cups. No du'aa or prayer was done though and I was sitting up straight the entire time. The glass cups are all one time use so 500dhs is very reasonable I feel.
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 12:23
I think the Wafi spa took 600dhs. They charge per cup so mine came to that much. I was surprised there was not a lot of bleeding and she said it was because my blood circulation is very poor - still I was expecting a lot more to come out! She did say duas and Bismillah before placing each cup. I was very tired and light headed afterwards, but didn't feel any major overall improvement in my back pain and energy levels. I've also gone to Dubai Herbal Treatment Centre (DHTC) about 5 years back- in their Chinese medicine section they have cupping and then cupping with bleeding. The cupping with bleeding was just dots of blood that come out, not the flow of Hijama so maybe their technique is different. It is much cheaper at DHTC. Please do let me know if you hear of any one good.
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 11:04
Thank you UmmSofia, I will make sure to do that just in case. In regards of the price I have done lots of research and most of the spa's and health centers charge around 500 AED whereas the herbal centers charge 100 AED for Consultation and 50 AED/ per cup wich comes to approx. 350 AED. The natural medicine men/ women don't give you a price but advise you to pay as you wish. I suppose this is the authentic way as it's a traditional treatment but of course it's different if you do it in a renowned center. I am still undecided which one to go for. I am tempted to do it the oldschool way but of course I need to be sure of hygiene. Will keep you posted for sure!
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 10:59
@Zuhairah - I would love to know how it goes. If it is done properly it is not supposed to hurt. You may feel dizzy or tired following the treatment, I think it would be wise if someone else drives you and I would take some dates to give you some energy, just in case. @Sourskittleashnut - How did you find the treatment? How much is expensive? My brothers paid just under 500 aed to have the treatment at home (I think the gentleman was also a qualified medical professional) I heard at the centres in Sharjah charge per cup from what I have heard but I don't remember how much. I was considering having it done in London but the prices were around £250.00
Latest post on 31 October 2016 - 10:59
I went to a lady at Wafi Cleopatra Spa, she was good but quite expensive. Thank you very much for letting me know. I have contacted them yesterday but it's 500 AED for a session so I am still a bit undecided as the herbal clinics charge between 150- 300 AED. Have you felt any benefits from it afterwards? And also did she do any Islamic prayers or was it solely the procedure? From all the research I have done there are several ways to do it. I would love to know about your experiences. I am personally looking into it for a general detoxification and neck pain.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY