Banking issue | ExpatWoman.com

Banking issue

Latest post on 22 November 2016 - 08:09
Thank you all once again. I finally got to the bottom of it yesterday, by sticking to my guns and demanding 'politely' to speak to ONE person who would go and find out what's actually going on. Turns out that due to a mistake in the beneficiaries names, the money was never credited and held in the middle bank here in the UAE. Apparently they're allowed to hold onto the money for 21 days before they have to return it to sender (sitting on it getting interest I guess), unless the senders bank demands it be returned immediately. We requested it to be returned a week a go, they didn't initiate it - typical. Such a shame that they couldn't just explain this to start with and we had to raise complaint after complaint. I hate banks here.
Latest post on 21 November 2016 - 13:46
As starfall has said, lower level staff are useless and often hired for their conplaint handling patience but with no authority. And you haave to push it. The bank should be concerned theselves in case they have a suddenly wealthier member of staff.
Latest post on 21 November 2016 - 12:24
Just to add to this: I made a transfer a few months ago that left my account, never ended up at the other end yet my bank said its gone. When I complained they said oh, it is with the other bank in that other country, they are holding it, they haven't released it yet. Hmm...called the other bank, they said BS, then came back to the bank here, a manager was able to sort it out, money never left UAE yet it showed on the system that it did, anyone below supervisor level is useless when the issue is about loosing your money. We involved 3 banks at the end, but it was worth it, got it sorted within 2 weeks. Keep complaining but do so politely and in person with all proof at hand from all banks. Demand to speak to a manager but again, keeping emotions at bay. Which can be very hard when they are so incompetent.
Latest post on 21 November 2016 - 07:44
Hello again. I know, I know, it never rains it pours lol So as a follow on to my tenant issue post, one of the other major issues right now that's causing us problems is a huge banking issue. I payment was sent to my husband on the 1st November, he got a call saying there was an issue and some details needed verifying, which he did and was told that the amount would be credited - it never was. The bank now deny there was ever a payment. We checked with the senders bank and have proof it was sent and they say that the payment was refused by my husbands bank, but the money was never sent back to them. We have called and visited the branch, escalated it to investigations. After 3 weeks this issue is still not resolved and the money is still missing. My husbands bank have even blocked us on social media - how completely unprofessional is that? They never call him back, it's complete silence from their end. We've now got Central Bank involved, but even they've told us that it could take 2 weeks for a response. I've have NEVER known anything like this? How can a bank do this? Effectively just lose your money?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY