After School - working Mom | ExpatWoman.com

After School - working Mom

Latest post on 29 November 2016 - 12:36

hello,

I'm a working mother in Abu Dhabi, my working hours are usally 8:00 - 4:30. Next year my LO is going to school. so far, i checked few schools and they all finish at 12:00 or best case 3:00 p.m... so there is like 2 hours difference and i dont want to leave her home alone (definitely)... plus the idea of having a maid is not very appealing to me or to my husband... specially that we couldnt find a professional nanny,,,, i was wondering what other working mothers do to manage this...

any idea??

thanks,

Latest post on 29 November 2016 - 13:22
I work from 8am till 5pm and my daughter started school this year. She gets done by 1:30pm. The only way I keep my sanity is by having a nanny watch her till I am home! My husband drops her home to the nanny and goes back to work. A nanny will give you a lot of flexibility, especially on days when he/she is too unwell to go to school, and in the random half term holidays that schools love to give. You can put your LO on a school bus and the nanny can take them from the bus, or you can drop off yourself depending on how close the school is. If you get a nanny now, you should be comfortable enough with her by the time your LO starts school. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY