24/7 construction noise | ExpatWoman.com

24/7 construction noise

Latest post on 20 March 2017 - 22:02

Hi all,

Does anyone know where we could complain to about construction noise when the property developer fails to help.

We live near a heavy construction site and even though it was communicated that it should only take place 7-7pm, the last days they are building 24/7.

Has anyone had any success with such a complaint in the past and can advise who to contact?

A very tired gal...?

Latest post on 04 April 2017 - 10:32
Thanks Stef. It's nice to see the community sticking together. I feel that this is a RAK thing by the way. I never had this when we were in Dubai strangely. I didn't even know my neighbours. :confused:
Latest post on 04 April 2017 - 10:06
Well, it's good to hear this dear. I am happy for you and for your neighborhood. You can really feel the change :)
Latest post on 03 April 2017 - 16:02
Oh no! Try and reach out to someone high up in management as they are supposed to adhere to the dedicated timings. Also, the muncipiality can help if you manage to go in a group of people. I saw so many complaining and I think it made a difference.
Latest post on 03 April 2017 - 11:28
Still live in the same place but it has stopped, though the Yacht Club will start soon and will last till 2020. Happy days :angry:
Latest post on 02 April 2017 - 15:42
Thank you Skyfall. It's usually a hit and miss. I think in our case so many people complained so they had to stop. I experienced in the past in other developments that complaints hardly were taken seriously. I am glad that this time they actually listened to us. I hope you moved to a quieter place or they stopped in the meantime.
Latest post on 01 April 2017 - 10:05
This is brilliant! So good to see they take action! Hope you can sleep better! When we had 24/7 banging for 3 years no one did anything:\:
Latest post on 31 March 2017 - 20:14
Hi Roxan, We did! We spoke to the head of the property developer and they are now adhering to the 7am- 7pm timings, except Friday which is great. I am so happy to see that they actually took action.
Latest post on 30 March 2017 - 11:11
hi dear did you manage to solve the problem?
Latest post on 23 March 2017 - 12:09
Your right Steph. It's been really horrible. We managed to get in touch with someone who might be able to help us. Fingers crossed!
Latest post on 23 March 2017 - 10:59
Well, this cannot be tolerated since it is affecting your neighbourhood. It's better to take action or else you're going to suffer
Latest post on 21 March 2017 - 10:46
Thanks Fairydust. I am planning to go to the municipality today. It's so terrible to live in such conditions and the property prices are not cheap. We shouldn't be going through this as it is supposed to be a respected community.
Latest post on 21 March 2017 - 07:24
They 'could' have a permit that allows them to carry on during the night - you can ask to see it and if they can't produce it, then call the municipality to get them to stop. They usually have permits to pour concrete during the night, but other noises are a no no.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY