Maid salaries and extras - 2017 update? | ExpatWoman.com

Maid salaries and extras - 2017 update?

Latest post on 20 April 2017 - 10:13

Hi all,

My husband and I have recently relocated back to Dubai and this time are looking to hire a live in maid.

I am looking for some more up to date information on salaries and extras as all the treads seem to be a couple of years old.

Salary - obviously there are the minimum salaries set by the government but what are people actually paying their maids at the moment? I realise that there is a range depending on nationality and experience but it would be nice to have something to benchmark against.

Extras - Food, clothes, toiletries, TV, phone etc. I'm planning on covering all of these in addition to their salary but was looking for indicative costs and how you manage these.

For example phone - I've been looking on Etisilat at phone packages and cannot work out what would be best. Do you top up and let them manage it themselves, calling cards? What are you spending on your maid's phone and what does that equate to in how much they can call home?

Clothes/toiletries - take them shopping or given them the cash? We grew up with a Filipino maid and my Mum would always buy her vouchers for Christmas to make sure she spent them on herself rather than just send the cash home. Do people give additional cash or take them shopping? I guess for toiletries just get them to pop whatever they want in the shopping trolley but clothes?

TV - I was planning on getting the Etisilat package for channels from their home country.

Any help, advice etc. greatly appreciated ladies!

TIA

xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY