Hempseed Oil- legal or illegal? | ExpatWoman.com

Hempseed Oil- legal or illegal?

Latest post on 25 April 2017 - 10:37

Good Morning Everyone,

I was prescribed hempseed oil as a supplement by local naturopath, who suggested to purchase it from iHerb. I wonder, is this oil available in any Dubai shop?
I checked this oil in organic foods and cafe- their nutritionist told me that it was illegal(?) in Dubai, though, hempseed oil is available on desertcart. Quite confusing...Have you ever purchased it or ordered online here in UAE? And if yes- from which shop or online store? Is it actually OK to purchase it from online store?

Many thanks

Latest post on 29 April 2017 - 10:01
You can order it from iHerb , I ordered hemp seeds and I checked if I can order hemp seed oil and it was ok, if an item is banned for ordering online from iHerb it will automatically show on your order that the item is banned for delivery to your country and the order will not be processed.
Latest post on 28 April 2017 - 22:40
[b'>Hemp seeds are on the gov banned list. is the oil made from seeds? If so then yes it is banned [/b'> Good to know.I find it super weird that locally popular naturopathic practitioner is prescribing this supplement to her patients ... It sure is strange :confused: It's not that strange. Hemps seeds and hemp oil are not the same. Al seeds do have THC, which is drug and it's prohibitet. But there are oils, that don't have THC, so it's not the drug. But be carefull because some do contain THC. Do research on google. I know person who order via Iherb and everything was ok. On the other hand also all poppy seeds contains some level of opium, thats why they are band. Some of them more, some less. May I ask you, if you friend ordered it recently (as my option also was to order it from iHerb)? Would it be possible to find out what was the brand of this (trouble free) hempseed oil from iHerb? Thanks )
Latest post on 28 April 2017 - 19:28
[b'>Hemp seeds are on the gov banned list. is the oil made from seeds? If so then yes it is banned [/b'> Good to know.I find it super weird that locally popular naturopathic practitioner is prescribing this supplement to her patients ... It sure is strange :confused: It's not that strange. Hemps seeds and hemp oil are not the same. Al seeds do have THC, which is drug and it's prohibitet. But there are oils, that don't have THC, so it's not the drug. But be carefull because some do contain THC. Do research on google. I know person who order via Iherb and everything was ok. On the other hand also all poppy seeds contains some level of opium, thats why they are band. Some of them more, some less.
Latest post on 28 April 2017 - 13:21
[b'>Hemp seeds are on the gov banned list. is the oil made from seeds? If so then yes it is banned [/b'> Good to know.I find it super weird that locally popular naturopathic practitioner is prescribing this supplement to her patients ... It sure is strange :confused:
Latest post on 28 April 2017 - 12:16
[b'>Hemp seeds are on the gov banned list. is the oil made from seeds? If so then yes it is banned [/b'> Good to know.I find it super weird that locally popular naturopathic practitioner is prescribing this supplement to her patients ...
Latest post on 27 April 2017 - 11:34
Good Morning Everyone, I was prescribed hempseed oil as a supplement by local naturopath, who suggested to purchase it from iHerb. I wonder, is this oil available in any Dubai shop? I checked this oil in organic foods and cafe- their nutritionist told me that it was illegal(?) in Dubai, though, hempseed oil is available on desertcart. Quite confusing...Have you ever purchased it or ordered online here in UAE? And if yes- from which shop or online store? Is it actually OK to purchase it from online store? Many thanks Hi, I would love to know the answer as well if it's legal. Would always be nice to follow the rules. I hope someone from here can give us clarifications. Will be waiting for updates... Hemp seeds are on the gov banned list. is the oil made from seeds? If so then yes it is banned
Latest post on 27 April 2017 - 11:28
Good Morning Everyone, I was prescribed hempseed oil as a supplement by local naturopath, who suggested to purchase it from iHerb. I wonder, is this oil available in any Dubai shop? I checked this oil in organic foods and cafe- their nutritionist told me that it was illegal(?) in Dubai, though, hempseed oil is available on desertcart. Quite confusing...Have you ever purchased it or ordered online here in UAE? And if yes- from which shop or online store? Is it actually OK to purchase it from online store? Many thanks Hi, I would love to know the answer as well if it's legal. Would always be nice to follow the rules. I hope someone from here can give us clarifications. Will be waiting for updates...
Latest post on 27 April 2017 - 08:30
Good Morning Everyone, I was prescribed hempseed oil as a supplement by local naturopath, who suggested to purchase it from iHerb. I wonder, is this oil available in any Dubai shop? I checked this oil in organic foods and cafe- their nutritionist told me that it was illegal(?) in Dubai, though, hempseed oil is available on desertcart. Quite confusing...Have you ever purchased it or ordered online here in UAE? And if yes- from which shop or online store? Is it actually OK to purchase it from online store? Many thanks If the shops aren't allowed to sell it then personally speaking I would not order it online
Latest post on 26 April 2017 - 22:11
Thank you for reply, though few previous threads seem to be outdated: I contacted biggest nutrition stores and all say, that since a while hempseed oil and containing products for some reason are prohibited for sale in Dubai shops. Just wonder if situation is the same with online stores, as it's available there. I'm sure, that it can be ordered from iHerb and desertcart, but could there be any problems with/by ordering it?
Latest post on 25 April 2017 - 16:03
Old post but may help http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic225234-hemp-and-lin--where-to-find-forum23.aspx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY