CELTA and opportunities for fresh graduates. | ExpatWoman.com

CELTA and opportunities for fresh graduates.

Latest post on 14 June 2017 - 11:38

Hi,

I am an Indian living in Dubai and I will be completing my CELTA qualification next month.
I would like to know:

If there are enough opportunities for non-native, fresh CELTA graduates in Dubai.
What is the salary like?

Also, between International House and Eton Institute, which one is better for the course or are both at par?

Please give your inputs. Thank you.

Latest post on 18 June 2017 - 13:58
Hi, I am an Indian living in Dubai and I will be completing my CELTA qualification next month. I would like to know: If there are enough opportunities for non-native, fresh CELTA graduates in Dubai. What is the salary like? Also, between International House and Eton Institute, which one is better for the course or are both at par? Please give your inputs. Thank you. Thank you ladies for your inputs. @Chunk - International House is back in Dubai since since a couple of years. I have decided to do the course there and am looking forward to it. I have already come across few opportunities for newly qualified teachers so let's see how it goes :)
Latest post on 18 June 2017 - 08:56
Hi! I am a Non-Native Speaker..CELTA Trained with the British Council. I remember taking that course..almost 10 years ago. I was pregnant..It was quite tough, but I had high hopes....The reality is that it is extremely difficult to get work with no experience as a Non-Native.. (Including with your Trainer) even when you want part time at least to build up experience and get to use what you studied for...It is rare..(Not saying impossible) and more possible in environments where organisations are in dire need of staff..But keep pushing..You may get a few smaller places and be at the right place at the right time!
Latest post on 17 June 2017 - 15:55
I understood that International House no longer exists in Dubai? Of the 2 institutes you mentioned, I would say IH is by far the best, but Eton is okay. As for job opportunities, I would say that the market you are interested in is not good at the moment. The average hourly rate is around Dh100 per hour but you have traveling and preparation, reports and possibly meetings to add in; it's not well paid but it is flexible and it is great fun. In all honesty, if you already have a job that pays decently I would stick with that if I were you until things pick up. Good luck with your search.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY