Wedding Ceremony in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Wedding Ceremony in Dubai

Latest post on 21 June 2017 - 08:19

Hi Everyone,

So I grew up in Dubai, and my parents are residents. I had a residency visa under my dad's but it's now cancelled since I have been away for longer than 6 months. I have been studying in the US and am getting married soon and was wandering if I got married in the US and showed them my marriage certificate, will they be able to host my ceremony or will I have to get married in Dubai court. Also, at that point neither me nor my future husband will be UAE residents, so will we still have to get married in Dubai courts?
I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this issue!

Thank you,

Latest post on 21 June 2017 - 10:16
Hi there Fleuritta I'm a wedding planner so can speak from experience about this. You don't need to have a wedding certificate (attested or not) to host your wedding reception at a hotel or any private venue here. If you wanted to have a religious ceremony then yes they would need to see a copy of the same. However, if I understood your message right, you're basically look to just host the reception party/dinner and for this the hotel will not require to see any details from you and all bookings etc can be made using your parents passport details (the hotels only need the details of the person booking/paying for the function and suppliers and not the bride/groom). Hope that helps!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY