Weightwatchers online | ExpatWoman.com

Weightwatchers online

Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 19:16

Hello ladies
Is anyone else out here doing WW online? I've just rejoined after doing it twice before and successfully losing weight...it's about time I got rid of those extra Dubai pounds I've put on since moving here! I know there's a lot of Weightwatcher products in Carrefour, but I'm struggling with all the eating out...how am I supposed to know what points different restaurant meals are?! I found it ok in England because WW published an 'eating out' guide, but in a different country it's a whole new ball game...any help would be great! x

Latest post on 16 November 2012 - 11:20
Hey Ladies, Always room for more! Pop me an email on marthabelleuae at gmail dot com x
Latest post on 16 November 2012 - 11:08
What day and time do you meet? I live downtown but working in the week till 5 :(
Latest post on 13 November 2012 - 23:15
Hello - is there room for another? I am desperate to lose the baby weight I put on from my last 2 girls. Would love to get into a routine of regular weigh in sessions. Where do you meet??
Latest post on 13 November 2012 - 10:49
Hi We just met up for the second time this morning and are going to try and meet each week for sure, you're more than welcome! We are just trying to motivate each other! Were are you based?x
Latest post on 12 November 2012 - 21:16
Hi Guys, just wondered if you got a group going? Iv e done ww for years and am desperate to get back on it and shift these dubai pounds. I cant get motivated online and def need the support/embarrassment of being weighed with others Cheers :)
Latest post on 03 October 2012 - 10:10
Just running out the door but got your email if you want to take it off here, will mail later!!x <em>edited by Skiingfreak on 13/11/2012</em>
Latest post on 03 October 2012 - 09:14
Fabulous! Send me an email (skiingfreak and anyone else) and we'll hash out a time and place which I'll then post in a new thread to encourage others along! <em>edited by Marthabelle on 03/10/2012</em>
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 15:47
Oh great I'm so pleased you want to meet up! I am just about to start driving which will make life easier... I was wondering about posting a thread on here suggesting a meet up in a coffee shop or similar to start so that anybody can come along (pre weighed or not!) and we could go from there? Heck skiingfreak, even if it's just you and me we can keep each other on the straight and narrow! I've just signed on to WW online and an hour ago bought some scales so no excuses now!!! Sounds good to me! Happy to meet anywhere! Mornings best for me if that suits though as I have an FS1 to pick up at lunchtimes!xxx
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 13:31
Oh great I'm so pleased you want to meet up! I am just about to start driving which will make life easier... I was wondering about posting a thread on here suggesting a meet up in a coffee shop or similar to start so that anybody can come along (pre weighed or not!) and we could go from there? Heck skiingfreak, even if it's just you and me we can keep each other on the straight and narrow! I've just signed on to WW online and an hour ago bought some scales so no excuses now!!!
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 10:05
Its just called weight watchers magazine app on my iPad, costs £2.49 to download the mag. I batch cook and portion freeze once every couple of weeks, normally recipes that are either just thrown in the slow cooker so take minutes to prepare or stuff that the whole family eats, so I've always got a meal I can take out of the freezer.
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 09:59
I dip in and out of WW but need to get solidly into losing weight. But I am very busy. I have tried to find teh WW magazines, does anyone know where you can get them as I need to see recipes, and then pick and choose where all ingredients are measured etc and they have to be quick as I do not like cooking. Let me know if you get together. There is an app to download them online will find out what it is as thats how I get mine here as was cheaper than sending out from uk x
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 09:56
I dip in and out of WW but need to get solidly into losing weight. But I am very busy. I have tried to find teh WW magazines, does anyone know where you can get them as I need to see recipes, and then pick and choose where all ingredients are measured etc and they have to be quick as I do not like cooking. Let me know if you get together.
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 09:52
Hello!! Oh boy do I need some motivation!!!! I've arrived and have really struggled with just so much going on organising my kids and schools and the dreaded packed lunches!!! I would love to meet up with anyone as I have put on over the summer and would love to stem the flow and start to lose some again!!! I have brought all my stuff with me, all new pro points, magazines, cook books and access to esource where I believe old recipes can be converted into propoints. Just got my licence, but got builders in the back and trying to sort them out for the next week but if anyone is up for a meet after that I would be definitely up for it! I have normal digital scales at mine, a kettle and a box of tissues if needed!!!! (in ranches)
Latest post on 02 October 2012 - 09:15
Bump Skiingfreak and others... Anyone want to meet for a bit of motivation?
Latest post on 11 September 2012 - 08:56
Hi Ladies, I saw some of you were due in August and thought I would resurrect this post! From the posts I've read it's obvious that WW will not be starting up here, but there is nothing to stop a group of like minded people, who happen to follow (or not) a similar program to meet up and chat about it! For me the weekly meeting was what kept me in line (so much for self motivation!)... I have been to gold but now some kilos above that! Anyone for a catch up where we happen to chat about loosing those Dubai pounds!?
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 23:53
This all sounds like we could get a really good support network going for this (well done solo what an awesome, awesome achievement), I've struggled all my life with my weight, so any help like this so very welcome, they say losing weight can't make you happy, but I kind of have to disagree with this, as losing weight just made me happy with myself and gave me some confidence in myself which had been lacking for a very long time and was causing me problems in many areas of my life. I really want to come to Dubai as I am and to try and stay as I am, and as you guys point out it is a way of life change, but frankly I'm scared of coming and being without the support network I have here, so if there are even just a few propel who would be happy to meet up weekly and share their trials and triumphs that would be so reassuring!x
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 18:19
It's nice to see there are people interested in the "informal" weigh in's....Only wish I'd thought of it before now, I might not have put on the Dubai stone! Funnily enough I prefer the pro points, it's similar to the old Slimming World ( which has now changed too). It's all about the money though, as all the books etc were then changed too....
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 17:52
I'd definitely be up for sharing recipes and tips with other weight watchers out here...I brought my old points calculator out here but it's not in the new propoints format so totally useless now. And the blackberry app some people have managed to find that works out propoints for you is nowhere to be found on the middle east app store! Typical! I'm just gonna keep trudging on via the uk WW website and will have to be strict with myself. That website was really helpful, thanks Monkeyface :-)
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 16:00
Did WW on my own here, borrowed my sisters old books at the time and got my head into it......Lost 44 kilos, just under 7 stone about 6 years ago now, and kept it off. When in the uk I nip to the local meeting where they just let my husband in and myself now buy all I need and bring back for the year ahead. As those who know already, WW have no interest in starting up here. Many of us have been down that route in corrospondence to them over lengthy periods of time and just get the same response. So just continue with all my magazines, books and purchases brought out by the catering box load (i kid you not)and be happy with having achieved things on my own. Good luck to you, WW worked for me, though preferred it before changing to Propoints and still getting used to the new calculations and values. I'm the one you will spot sadly in the food aisle with my WW calculator or I phone application working values out before I put it n the trolley! Not just a diet they say, but a way of life...... Took over mine, but for the good.
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 15:12
I'll def be up for that :)
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 14:16
Skiingfreak - yes please do that!!! Maybe once you are here (not that long away) we can get something set up and you can help out! :)
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 14:02
I would love to meet up to do this, lost over 4st with ww and kept it off for a couple of years now, but I know how easy my weight goes back up! I'd love to even informally keep a check!!! I'm bringing all my stuff with me when I come in August x
Latest post on 25 April 2012 - 12:58
I've often wished there was WW here...pity there isn't. I stopped before I came out here and I have piled on the KG's, because I know there's no weekly weigh in so no need to count the points! I wish I'd bought over some of my magazines and the points calculator thingy WW give you. Something to remember when I go back in summer I guess. It would also be a nice idea for those that are into SW or WW, if we met weekly to do a kind of informal weigh in and give recipe ideas etc etc..... just for moral support. I know it would make me think twice before I pinch my childrens fries from their kiddy meals !
Latest post on 23 April 2012 - 14:42
Just to let you know that WW does not help or support anybody doing WW in the ME. We / I was deperate for more help, along with a number of other ladies, asking for their help, we were just ignored. So we felt really let down by them. You can of course do it online, but anything else sems ot be a no go from them - and I have no idea why!
Latest post on 23 April 2012 - 01:04
I'd love any more info on this too! Moving out in August and want to continue my WW regime as much as poss, have a big trunk load of mags and cookbooks to keep me motivated and will do WW online if I can, I was a leader up to end of last year so don't want to let it all go to pot!!!
Latest post on 22 April 2012 - 19:23
I use to do WW and used this website a lot for points info. http://www.dwlz.com/

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY