The "Did you know" thread. (For handy hints!) | ExpatWoman.com

The "Did you know" thread. (For handy hints!)

Latest post on 20 March 2013 - 17:24

Did you know you don't need coins for parking meters?

Text 7275
Plate Number - SPACE - AREA CODE (on parking meter) SEND
You will get an immediate reply saying when your parking expires. Ten minutes before it expires you will receive an SMS asking if you want to extend.

OR

you can use your NOL card (Metro/bus) - you can put it in the parking machine instead of coins.
<em>edited by Tattie Bogle on 20/03/2013</em>

Latest post on 13 September 2014 - 17:58
Hi Everyone..
Latest post on 17 August 2014 - 14:53
Thanks for the lovely tips!!
Latest post on 13 August 2014 - 11:24
Another one... having underarm botox reduces your perspiration, which is very welcoming in the summer months when going from meeting to meeting and walking around with wet patches under your arms.... for me it's a huge problem, donno why but ever since I had kids, my hormones changed somewhat and I perspire far too much for my liking. Only downside, Dubai charge a little fortune to have it done here, so I have it done in my home country. teftee, this is hot topick for me also, can u give me a bit more infor please? thanks
Latest post on 05 August 2014 - 15:07
Use corn meal to treat ant infestation. Ants will carry it to their next but cant digest corn meal properly. Its obviously non-toxic so its great for pets and kids!
Latest post on 03 June 2014 - 08:46
i am Doing my teeth treatment visits with real smile dental clinic i Never experience such amazing result and high prestigious clinic and now they have amazing promotion for teeth whitening .i am doing zoom 3 Ld sessions by 500 dhs and the result was the best 043550112, finally some one told me that no need for veneer treatment and give me white smile by very good price. Thanx Angel
Latest post on 02 June 2014 - 12:10
Pour apple cider vinegar down the drains to get rid of drain flies and their nests. Pour about half of a normal sized bottle down each drain (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) Reapply when they return. <em>edited by yvettesmom on 02/06/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 May 2014 - 22:33
Adding Curry leaves to your diet and applying coconut oil in which curry leaves have been charred helps to reduce graying hair. Also drinking water stored overnight in a copper vessel usually for at Indian grocers like Al Adil help reduce graying hair.
Latest post on 18 May 2014 - 15:50
Dr Tanveer Ahmed- Good Living Medical center. too good!!!
Latest post on 18 May 2014 - 11:47
give me some tips on how to choose luxury car and where to get it.My budget is 250000 Dhs.
Latest post on 14 May 2014 - 19:09
Real smile dental cilinic They are good and professional with good price Thx angel I booked appointment with dr Islam the next week . Pray for me I need to change my smile I'm depressed from the shape of my teeth
Latest post on 14 May 2014 - 07:30
Real smile dental cilinic They are good and professional with good price
Latest post on 14 May 2014 - 07:24
hi: i need help.any one know good dentist with goog price for veneer.actual i saw many doctors in al jumeira and the price for 1 tooth is 2500 ,i need to change all my teeth after ortho treatment
Latest post on 13 May 2014 - 18:50
hi: i need help.any one know good dentist with goog price for veneer.actual i saw many doctors in al jumeira and the price for 1 tooth is 2500 ,i need to change all my teeth after ortho treatment Here in ALbaraha area the prices are very cheap for one tooth 850 dhs they took .
Latest post on 13 May 2014 - 14:14
hi: i need help.any one know good dentist with goog price for veneer.actual i saw many doctors in al jumeira and the price for 1 tooth is 2500 ,i need to change all my teeth after ortho treatment
Latest post on 09 May 2014 - 09:24
Can you guys share with me remedies for gray hairs?
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 17:26
Almond oil makes a great cleanser for dry skin- it even removes heavy eye makeup. After rinsing your skin is soft, eyelashes conditioned, unruly brows controlled. Also use honey in the morning. Apply a thin layer, let it sit for a minute or two and rinse. It's firming. All simple, cheap, and found at the grocery
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 17:11
Did you know you can whiten your teeth at home with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide? Works like a charm!!! Just mix a table spoon baking soda with hydrogen peroxide to create a tooth paste like mix. Rub it on your teeth for a while and then rinse. Do not swallow!!! Love this thread! FYI I asked Dr Nora at DLC about this and she said NO WAY. So be warned. It may whiten but the hydrogen peroxide will weaken your enamel quickly and after time aside from cavities your teeth will take on that grayish shade.
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 16:48
Did you know you can whiten your teeth at home with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide? Works like a charm!!! Just mix a table spoon baking soda with hydrogen peroxide to create a tooth paste like mix. Rub it on your teeth for a while and then rinse. Do not swallow!!! Love this thread! FYI I asked Dr Nora at DLC about this and she said NO WAY. So be warned.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:38
Brilliant, thanks Polly, it worked...I had only tried watching from within the app itself before...! Glad I could help. ;-) enjoy watching...
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 23:05
Brilliant, thanks Polly, it worked...I had only tried watching from within the app itself before...!
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 18:45
NOPE - on ipad no subscription needed. It is a free app. According to my 11 year old she just downloaded the app for free from the app store on ipad. I think she said you can pay money so you can watch without the ads ....I'll ask her tonight. Only 'problem' is that you can only watch LIVE tv but it's great for sports fixtures and kids TV on a Sat afternoon as you get the UK Sat am stuff. edited by Feefmick on 21/03/2013 on the web you can record up to 10 hours for free but more if you pay - can also get HD if you pay... Don't know about ipad.. I know this was posted last year but I came across it when I was going through the threads a few days ago. Anyway...I tried recording from FilmOn on my Ipad and it works! All that's required is that you create a user name and password. They ask for your location but I ignored that and it still worked. Polly, did you actually manage to get it to play on the ipad...? it records on mine but there is no way of watching it...! edited by MrsMozz on 15/04/2014 Yes....I did manage to watch the recordings on the iPad. After you've signed in, on the left, listed under 'extras' there should be 'My Recordings'.....just touch on that and it should take you to a web page where you've got your recordings stored. Then you just tap on the recording you want to watch. Hope I've explained well. Good luck. ;-)
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 11:16
NOPE - on ipad no subscription needed. It is a free app. According to my 11 year old she just downloaded the app for free from the app store on ipad. I think she said you can pay money so you can watch without the ads ....I'll ask her tonight. Only 'problem' is that you can only watch LIVE tv but it's great for sports fixtures and kids TV on a Sat afternoon as you get the UK Sat am stuff. edited by Feefmick on 21/03/2013 on the web you can record up to 10 hours for free but more if you pay - can also get HD if you pay... Don't know about ipad.. I know this was posted last year but I came across it when I was going through the threads a few days ago. Anyway...I tried recording from FilmOn on my Ipad and it works! All that's required is that you create a user name and password. They ask for your location but I ignored that and it still worked. Polly, did you actually manage to get it to play on the ipad...? it records on mine but there is no way of watching it...! <em>edited by MrsMozz on 15/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 12 April 2014 - 10:08
NOPE - on ipad no subscription needed. It is a free app. According to my 11 year old she just downloaded the app for free from the app store on ipad. I think she said you can pay money so you can watch without the ads ....I'll ask her tonight. Only 'problem' is that you can only watch LIVE tv but it's great for sports fixtures and kids TV on a Sat afternoon as you get the UK Sat am stuff. edited by Feefmick on 21/03/2013 on the web you can record up to 10 hours for free but more if you pay - can also get HD if you pay... Don't know about ipad.. I know this was posted last year but I came across it when I was going through the threads a few days ago. Anyway...I tried recording from FilmOn on my Ipad and it works! All that's required is that you create a user name and password. They ask for your location but I ignored that and it still worked.
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 16:57
Did you know that if you get a voice note on your whatsapp and you don't want others to hear it you can just put your phone to your ears (like a normal call) and it becomes like a voice message.. pretty cool i must say
Latest post on 21 March 2014 - 11:11
#khristinescott I would suggest you Trading enterprises they are dealers of cars like Chrysler and Dodge and more. Hope it helps
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 16:52
•Emergency number tel 999 (not for directions, taxi requests or similar - although apparently a substantial proportion of calls are for just those sorts of things). •Dubai Police operations room 24 hrs tel +971-4-2692222 - for police related enquiries that are not emergencies. •Dubai Police Toll Free Number 7000-4-0000. •Dubai Police report-a-dangerous-driver telephone 800 4 353 (toll-free in UAE). •Email [email protected] •Sexual abuse and child abuse hotline tel +971-4-2661228, connects to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Latest post on 22 October 2013 - 12:10
For animal type costumes for children and wooden toys you can go to this shop in Dragonmart called CANOE Fzco... they stock mostly wooden toys and party items... the owner's name is Betty Chen and you can reach her on 050-6875286 or 04-4245843... the shop location number in Dragonmart is HBM 06-07 they seemed to have many animal type costumes and are competitively priced at AED 30-AED 50
Latest post on 08 September 2013 - 17:40
[url=http://www.visaprocess.ae/details.php?page=maid_sponsorship'>Housemaid Sponsorship Guide[/url'> Bump
Latest post on 04 September 2013 - 12:06
That if you are in a MINOR car accident in DXB that you just now drive to the police station, rather than wait for the police to come to you. Dubai only this is not the case in SHJ apparently! As I experienced this morning!
Latest post on 27 August 2013 - 14:14
Also toothpaste is really good for spots- you know the ones that you accidently take the top off when washing - just a small dab of TP and it dries in seconds helping the healing process.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY