Spirulina and wheatgrass powder | ExpatWoman.com

Spirulina and wheatgrass powder

Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 08:58

Hello ladies, before I go on a hunt around could anyone tell me where I can get spirulina and wheatgrass powder from please? That's easy to park at...!
Thanks very much x

Latest post on 25 May 2013 - 13:25
Skiingfreak what kind of smoothies were you adding them to? I recently bought wheatgrass powder and have been adding a spoonful to my smoothies and I don't even taste it in there? Do you do smoothies with almond or rice milk or even yoghurt? I've been making one with almond/rice mile, banana or avocado, chia seeds, raw cacao, virgin coconut oil, wheatgrass and a touch of honey and it's yummy!
Latest post on 23 May 2013 - 20:42
@Sandy dog don't do it! The day 1 juices I made were vile even without the spirulina and wheatgrass added, still haven't opened them what a waste of money!! Sticking to the nice tasting fruit smoothies from now on!!
Latest post on 21 May 2013 - 21:55
@ Fairfield...may I ask why you add the turmeric? what are the health benefits?..I have issues with insulin and take cinnamon, so perhaps the turmeric comes in handy too!.....any recipes to share?
Latest post on 21 May 2013 - 21:32
Ha! I'm chucking loudly!!! Just part made tomorrows first 3 juices but I'm not sure I dare take the plunge and open the wheatgrass and spirulina yet! Tasted ok the little sample I had so far though!
Latest post on 21 May 2013 - 18:53
Thanks everyone! Will try and get some fresh wheatgrass I think, wish I'd seen the comments on how foul it all is before I bought the stuff! Found it in the health shop in moe. Sandydog if you want to share the stuff I've bought, wheatgrass powder, spirulina powder and probiotic capsules you're more than welcome to, I haven't opened anything yet but going to have a tentative attempt tomorrow I think! Thanks. You go first :D
Latest post on 21 May 2013 - 18:37
Thanks! You've given me some hope! Going to commence in the morning and give it a whirl, figure if it tastes like cack I can just blend up some fruit to add to it! Thanks x
Latest post on 21 May 2013 - 10:05
The wheatgrass is an acquired taste, but to be honest I think when you add it in with lots of ingredients it's fine. Actually, I've started adding cinnamon (and tumeric) to my breakfast smoothies and I now hardly taste the wheatgrass anymore. It's so good for you it's worth giving it a shot. My husband still calls it pond powder, but he only tried it once! He often puts chlorella in things which he claims not to taste at all, although I know that's not on your list. FFx
Latest post on 21 May 2013 - 08:51
Thanks everyone! Will try and get some fresh wheatgrass I think, wish I'd seen the comments on how foul it all is before I bought the stuff! Found it in the health shop in moe. Sandydog if you want to share the stuff I've bought, wheatgrass powder, spirulina powder and probiotic capsules you're more than welcome to, I haven't opened anything yet but going to have a tentative attempt tomorrow I think!
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 20:09
You can get both generally in large sachets at the health food stands like the one in Mirdif CC. I have to say they really made me feel sick, so I switched to the spirulina tablets instead and eliminated the wheatgrass as much as possible as it ruined every juice!!! Just my opinion though!
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 12:31
Ripe shop off Al Manara have the wheatgrass. I heard the organic supermarket has spirulina. You are in for a treat. I've added them to smoothies thinking you wouldn't taste it. Now I prefer to just take a shot followed by a swig of something nice like orange juice!
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 12:21
The health shop in Marina Mall across from Waitrose sell them. I bought them when I was attempting Jason Vale but now they just sit in my cupboard collecting dust! I make juice regularly but hated the taste of adding these powders. Fresh Wheatgrass is so much nicer.
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 12:17
Apparently it's spirulina powder not tablets I'm after and life pharmacy don't stock powder so if anyone has any idea where I might get the powder spirulina from that would be great! Thanks!
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 09:18
Hi, You'll get Spirulina in any Life pharmacy but not sure about the Wheatgrass. Give them a call - all the numbers for their various branches are on their website and I've called before to check product was in stock before I went and they were helpful on the phone. S
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 09:14
Haven't tried anywhere yet would like to find something MOE area ideally but will try there thanks! Thinking of having a go with Jason but if not the whole hog then just tying to get something healthy in my diet!!
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 09:09
Did you try Nutrition Zone in Ibn Battuta, I think they will have them [url=https://www.facebook.com/nutritionzoneuae/posts/379501558798701'>link[/url'> <em>edited by Alismum on 20/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 20 May 2013 - 09:01
You're not following Jason Vale are you? (I'm looking for the two same things :) )

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY