Suggestions please - Od ladies clubs? | ExpatWoman.com

Suggestions please - Od ladies clubs?

Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 11:15
Finally back on track... many of the replies on this thread are just plain embarrassing, sorry OP :(
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 11:11
Check out Remade DXB on FB. They are based in Al Quoz, have "Sewcial Thursdays" where you can just turn up and do whatever crafty projects you would like to work on - sewing, knitting, embroidery, etc. and you meet other ladies of different nationalities with similar interests. Ladies Recreational Club? Or, if her English is good, if Expatwoman are having their next coffee morning perhaps she could join? Mark Twain said "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter".
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 21:11
Would she be interested in doing a bit of volunteering, is she mobile? I have been to some events and not all the volunteers are young. What are her interests?. Does she knit, there's a club (free) I saw called knit and knatter (if she can't knit they will teach her), all different ages & nationalities doing knitting projects to help others, eg blankets for Syrian refugees, orphanages, premature babies amongst other things . [url= https://7daysindubai.com/family-30/'>link[/url'> As for 55 being old, I think 50 is the new 40 (not that I'm there myself yet ;) ), so that would make 55 about middle aged. Desert Rose, sounds like you have a spring in your step, congrats on your business and good luck!!!! <em>edited by Alismum on 17/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:36
Well this old wifie officially opened the doors to her very own business the day after her 56th birthday just last week. Am I old? No, Im not. Ive never had a job, I've always been a stay at home mum, but now Im putting in 12 hour days in 2 shifts so I can still have time with my boy. I love what Im doing even though its the scariest thing ever because Ive put everything Ive saved over the years into what Im doing - 37 years of skimming off the top of the housekeeping mounted up. ;) So at 56 Ive started working, I have the (not too) high heeled court shoes, new business phone and mac book pro to go with it (my family have some really daft ideas between them) and though Im tired I'm certainly not old or feeling it. Age is just a number. Life is for living new experiences. Old? What's that?
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 11:12
The OP must have aged doubly fast since starting this thread and awaiting any actually helpful responses. Everyone has carried on merrily discussing their own angst at whatever ages they are stuck at. OP ask your MIL to join EW. She wont be able to keep up with the banter or figure out the star system, but she'll have a heck of a time flexing her thumbs.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 11:10
i think i am going for stappling mouth shut....... Sitting on hands at this remark ;)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 11:08
i think i am going for stappling mouth shut.......
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 11:07
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is. **********YOU Can't do these things??**************** i went out for thai last night and [b'>put on a kilo[/b'> ankles hurt if i run up and down stairs (arthritis a middle aged disease) lucky if i can stay awake past 10 pm haven't drunk for years but last time i got drunk i mearged with the sofa for days I can however run half marathons which i couldn't when i was a teenager....... edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 16/04/2014 So that's where the kilo I've lost since our visitors left, has gone ;) Please - come take it back. Sorry not a chance. Got about one and half more to go, then I need to stick at that weight - somehow !!!!!
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 11:00
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is. **********YOU Can't do these things??**************** i went out for thai last night and [b'>put on a kilo[/b'> ankles hurt if i run up and down stairs (arthritis a middle aged disease) lucky if i can stay awake past 10 pm haven't drunk for years but last time i got drunk i mearged with the sofa for days I can however run half marathons which i couldn't when i was a teenager....... edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 16/04/2014 So that's where the kilo I've lost since our visitors left, has gone ;) Please - come take it back.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:57
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is. **********YOU Can't do these things??**************** i went out for thai last night and [b'>put on a kilo[/b'> ankles hurt if i run up and down stairs (arthritis a middle aged disease) lucky if i can stay awake past 10 pm haven't drunk for years but last time i got drunk i mearged with the sofa for days I can however run half marathons which i couldn't when i was a teenager....... edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 16/04/2014 So that's where the kilo I've lost since our visitors left, has gone ;)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:46
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is. **********YOU Can't do these things??**************** i went out for thai last night and put on a kilo ankles hurt if i run up and down stairs (arthritis a middle aged disease) lucky if i can stay awake past 10 pm haven't drunk for years but last time i got drunk i mearged with the sofa for days I can however run half marathons which i couldn't when i was a teenager....... <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 16/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:43
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is. **********YOU Can't do these things??****************
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:41
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is. Thank you thank you thank you. Middle aged at my age wonderful :) And yes I agree with what you've said, unfortunately you are right :( <em>edited by Geordie expat on 16/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:40
well.. you are entitled to your opinion, unfortunately I'm unable to find the figure you quoted as old, even in the Oxford Dictionary( forget my dictionary).....
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:38
GE you (and i) may still feel like a teenager but let's face it we aren't - we cannot function on 3 hours sleep, can't eat the contents of the fridge and pantry and still fit into our size 10 jeans, can't party until 5 am, have a shower and go to work, cant' pull all nighters to cram for a test, cant run up and down 10 flights of stairs etc .... Yes, all well and good that we feel great in our grey haired heads but the fact is we are middle aged. It is what it is.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:34
OK then, age is very relevant in certain situations, and you know I've been through that here Izzy. I just hate being compartmentalised because I'm over a certain age. In other ways I don't think I've changed that much and majority of the time I'm still up for a night out with the best of them, only don't expect to see me for a couple of days after ;) Yes age IS a number, but I still think it's how you feel and act that counts. Leson over for the day :)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:28
It's not about the biological or chronological age we were talking about , it's only about being young at heart, which makes the difference...... no - you asked how old is old. 40 - middle aged 55+ old (except GE who is a teenager) And young at heart is just nonsense; age is a number .
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:26
It's not about the biological or chronological age we were talking about , it's only about being young at heart, which makes the difference......
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:24
I know it's an old saying but "age IS just a number". Most of the time I still don't feel even middle aged, never mind old. Unless you lot remind me of it ;) But age is somewhat irrelevant of how you feel,, it is in fact a number :)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:21
I know it's an old saying but "age IS just a number". Most of the time I still don't feel even middle aged, never mind old. Unless you lot remind me of it ;)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:17
I think Izzy... the day you touch 40 you will change the tune..... so what age do you consider middle aged?
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:09
I think Izzy... the day you touch 40 you will change the tune.....
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:01
Nope... lolocat.... have'nt u heard of the saying" Life begins at 40" .. ah ah Well if you have teens it certainly ages one more quickly in your forties! Some days you feel 80 by the evening!
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:59
Could someone pls. tell me how old is it to be "OLD".... in my dictionary you could be an young 70yr old or an old 25yr ... the bottom-line is the way you look at life. I completely agree with you on this Redrec Tangle.... Old is 40 is 40 not middle aged? 55+ old? Can some one please thumb this down for me at least 55 times :)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:59
Nope... lolocat.... have'nt u heard of the saying" Life begins at 40" .. ah ah
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:58
Could someone pls. tell me how old is it to be "OLD".... in my dictionary you could be an young 70yr old or an old 25yr ... the bottom-line is the way you look at life. I completely agree with you on this Redrec Tangle.... Old is 40 is 40 not middle aged? 55+ old?
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:57
I now feel ancient and I was fine when I got up this morning :(
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:54
Could someone pls. tell me how old is it to be "OLD".... in my dictionary you could be an young 70yr old or an old 25yr ... the bottom-line is the way you look at life. I completely agree with you on this Redrec Tangle.... Old is 40
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:53
Could someone pls. tell me how old is it to be "OLD".... in my dictionary you could be an young 70yr old or an old 25yr ... the bottom-line is the way you look at life. I completely agree with you on this Redrec Tangle.... 45
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:49
Could someone pls. tell me how old is it to be "OLD".... in my dictionary you could be an young 70yr old or an old 25yr ... the bottom-line is the way you look at life. I completely agree with you on this Redrec Tangle....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY