WARNING: Pet Owners Arabian Ranches | ExpatWoman.com

WARNING: Pet Owners Arabian Ranches

Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 09:07

This may be nothing but there is a trail of tiny blue pellets in the middle of the footpath from Terranova gate as far as the bus stop in the direction of Al Mahra. It could just be fertiliser innocently spilled by a gardener, but given the fairly recent warnings of animal poisoning I thought it worth pointing out.

Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 12:02
Hi Sue, Thanks for the warning, please could you clarify what you mean by [i'>fairly recent poisonings[/i'>? I haven't heard anything about that and would appreciate more information. On a separate but related topic, have you noticed how fast some people drive around Ranches? There was a very sad letter in [i'>Seven Days [/i'> by a guy whose cat had been killed and the speeding driver didn't even bother to stop - few seem to obey the speed limit, despite the fact that this is a residential community with children and animals. Hi Artemis2, if you do a search on here there will be more information about the suspected poisonings. Am not sure how long ago it was (recently enough for me to remember!!), but there were some serious concerns that it was deliberate. Not just confined to AR. Yes there are some crazy drivers around, not least the NKD pizza delivery guys who I think are the worst for dangerous driving. Not just speeding though, every day I see vans/cars pulling out in front of oncoming traffic, driving all over the lanes, driving too slowly, stopping on roundabouts to give way, not indicating and yes, of course, talking on mobile phones.
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 11:22
Hi Sue, Thanks for the warning, please could you clarify what you mean by [i'>fairly recent poisonings[/i'>? I haven't heard anything about that and would appreciate more information. On a separate but related topic, have you noticed how fast some people drive around Ranches? There was a very sad letter in [i'>Seven Days [/i'> by a guy whose cat had been killed and the speeding driver didn't even bother to stop - few seem to obey the speed limit, despite the fact that this is a residential community with children and animals.
Latest post on 29 August 2014 - 11:00
Thank you for the warning.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY