hair loss | ExpatWoman.com

hair loss

Latest post on 11 October 2014 - 13:32

suffering from intense hair loss, have gone to many doctors, no help.
Any product that you have used and recommend please??

Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 13:41
use mustard oil as much as you can it will stop hair loss and make your hair stronger and shinny if some one has too much hair loss,baldness issue you can have be treated thorugh FUT,FUE procedures with minimum cost have a look on the link given below its going to be help you alot [url=http://www.hairtransplantdubai.com/hair-transplant-procedure/hair-transplant-cost-in-dubai-uae/'>Hair Transplant price[/url'>
Latest post on 12 November 2014 - 10:34
I have a shower head that softens the water and takes all the chemicals out of it, it helps a little but still have hair loss. It is the water here, when I go home the hair loss nearly stops but then I return and its like I'm going to go bald!
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 14:56
thank you all ladies to write our point of view :)
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 12:43
I went to Dee's lovely home to try out her treatment. She's a very sweet lady and knows exactly what she's doing. I thought I was going there to pick it up and try it at home. But she took the time to do it at her own home. Not only the treatment, but she taught me steps a through z (took 3 hours of her time). I've learned so much from her that I'm confident to do it myself. She's used all natural ingredients found at home. I noticed a big difference in the end. My hair is soft, shiny and brought back my natural curls without the frizz. Plus I found that my hair was shedding less in the end. Dee thank you so much. Hi LuLee, It was a pleasure meeting you and spending time with you yesterday. I am so glad that I was able to help with your hair issues and please feel free to contact me if you need any follow up advice ok. p.s. Thanks for the positive feedback, its truly appreciated :)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 16:38
Hi, I have finished making up the treatment and I have a few extra portions left over so if anyone would like to try it please send me an email asap as the treatment is all natural and doesn't contain any preservatives so it would be best used today…email [email protected] It is a mild protein and deep conditioning treatment, it will help to strengthen your hair and soften and add shine all in one go. If you like it, please let me know and if you don't please tell me anyway…as I am always trying to improve :) It won't cost you anything but it will probably save you some hair.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 16:36
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... What time is ok with you? [email protected] Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :( Ok so its definitely shedding. Please go see your Doctor as I don't want anyone to say that I am giving you bad advice but if the meantime if you are willing to try something else, here is my suggestion: In Jamaica we use something else for Hair Fall, have you heard of the Hibiscus Plant / Flower, we also have another variety that we call Sorrel and in Thailand I found it as Roselle. It is used to make a hair tea for the final rinse or even infused with oil and applied daily, it can also be added to your cleansers and conditioners. If you would like to try it I can get some to you today. It can stain your hair slightly red if you have light coloured hair. Also as I am making up some of my treatment for a couple of friends today, I can put extra in for you. I promise you, your hair will feel a marked improvement from the first use. All you have to do is apply it to your dry hair, wrap with cling film and leave on for 30mins - 1hr and then rinse. If you would like to try then please contact me [email protected], absolutely no charge ok. Just promise to let me now if it works for you :) That is very sweet. Thank you. How can I take it from you? which area of dubai? No thanks needed just glad to help. I am in Al Quoz, not far from Oasis Centre but my driver can meet you somewhere closer to you if thats too far. How long is your hair as I need to know how much to send? Its just a bit under my shoulders, oasis center is perfect for me. Thank Ok Sima, Ill mix it up now and get it ready, what time is good for you? My driver, Mark is a very nice boy, I will tell him to wait at the front for you, our car is a Honda Odyssey. Send me an email and I will send you his number and mine, ok :)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 16:14
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :( Ok so its definitely shedding. Please go see your Doctor as I don't want anyone to say that I am giving you bad advice but if the meantime if you are willing to try something else, here is my suggestion: In Jamaica we use something else for Hair Fall, have you heard of the Hibiscus Plant / Flower, we also have another variety that we call Sorrel and in Thailand I found it as Roselle. It is used to make a hair tea for the final rinse or even infused with oil and applied daily, it can also be added to your cleansers and conditioners. If you would like to try it I can get some to you today. It can stain your hair slightly red if you have light coloured hair. Also as I am making up some of my treatment for a couple of friends today, I can put extra in for you. I promise you, your hair will feel a marked improvement from the first use. All you have to do is apply it to your dry hair, wrap with cling film and leave on for 30mins - 1hr and then rinse. If you would like to try then please contact me [email protected], absolutely no charge ok. Just promise to let me now if it works for you :) That is very sweet. Thank you. How can I take it from you? which area of dubai? No thanks needed just glad to help. I am in Al Quoz, not far from Oasis Centre but my driver can meet you somewhere closer to you if thats too far. How long is your hair as I need to know how much to send? Its just a bit under my shoulders, oasis center is perfect for me. Thank Ok Sima, Ill mix it up now and get it ready, what time is good for you? My driver, Mark is a very nice boy, I will tell him to wait at the front for you, our car is a Honda Odyssey. Send me an email and I will send you his number and mine, ok :)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:56
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :( Ok so its definitely shedding. Please go see your Doctor as I don't want anyone to say that I am giving you bad advice but if the meantime if you are willing to try something else, here is my suggestion: In Jamaica we use something else for Hair Fall, have you heard of the Hibiscus Plant / Flower, we also have another variety that we call Sorrel and in Thailand I found it as Roselle. It is used to make a hair tea for the final rinse or even infused with oil and applied daily, it can also be added to your cleansers and conditioners. If you would like to try it I can get some to you today. It can stain your hair slightly red if you have light coloured hair. Also as I am making up some of my treatment for a couple of friends today, I can put extra in for you. I promise you, your hair will feel a marked improvement from the first use. All you have to do is apply it to your dry hair, wrap with cling film and leave on for 30mins - 1hr and then rinse. If you would like to try then please contact me [email protected], absolutely no charge ok. Just promise to let me now if it works for you :) That is very sweet. Thank you. How can I take it from you? which area of dubai? No thanks needed just glad to help. I am in Al Quoz, not far from Oasis Centre but my driver can meet you somewhere closer to you if thats too far. How long is your hair as I need to know how much to send? Its just a bit under my shoulders, oasis center is perfect for me. Thank
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:51
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :( Ok so its definitely shedding. Please go see your Doctor as I don't want anyone to say that I am giving you bad advice but if the meantime if you are willing to try something else, here is my suggestion: In Jamaica we use something else for Hair Fall, have you heard of the Hibiscus Plant / Flower, we also have another variety that we call Sorrel and in Thailand I found it as Roselle. It is used to make a hair tea for the final rinse or even infused with oil and applied daily, it can also be added to your cleansers and conditioners. If you would like to try it I can get some to you today. It can stain your hair slightly red if you have light coloured hair. Also as I am making up some of my treatment for a couple of friends today, I can put extra in for you. I promise you, your hair will feel a marked improvement from the first use. All you have to do is apply it to your dry hair, wrap with cling film and leave on for 30mins - 1hr and then rinse. If you would like to try then please contact me [email protected], absolutely no charge ok. Just promise to let me now if it works for you :) That is very sweet. Thank you. How can I take it from you? which area of dubai? No thanks needed just glad to help. I am in Al Quoz, not far from Oasis Centre but my driver can meet you somewhere closer to you if thats too far. How long is your hair as I need to know how much to send?
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:42
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :( Ok so its definitely shedding. Please go see your Doctor as I don't want anyone to say that I am giving you bad advice but if the meantime if you are willing to try something else, here is my suggestion: In Jamaica we use something else for Hair Fall, have you heard of the Hibiscus Plant / Flower, we also have another variety that we call Sorrel and in Thailand I found it as Roselle. It is used to make a hair tea for the final rinse or even infused with oil and applied daily, it can also be added to your cleansers and conditioners. If you would like to try it I can get some to you today. It can stain your hair slightly red if you have light coloured hair. Also as I am making up some of my treatment for a couple of friends today, I can put extra in for you. I promise you, your hair will feel a marked improvement from the first use. All you have to do is apply it to your dry hair, wrap with cling film and leave on for 30mins - 1hr and then rinse. If you would like to try then please contact me [email protected], absolutely no charge ok. Just promise to let me now if it works for you :) That is very sweet. Thank you. How can I take it from you? which area of dubai?
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:09
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :( Ok so its definitely shedding. Please go see your Doctor as I don't want anyone to say that I am giving you bad advice but if the meantime if you are willing to try something else, here is my suggestion: In Jamaica we use something else for Hair Fall, have you heard of the Hibiscus Plant / Flower, we also have another variety that we call Sorrel and in Thailand I found it as Roselle. It is used to make a hair tea for the final rinse or even infused with oil and applied daily, it can also be added to your cleansers and conditioners. If you would like to try it I can get some to you today. It can stain your hair slightly red if you have light coloured hair. Also as I am making up some of my treatment for a couple of friends today, I can put extra in for you. I promise you, your hair will feel a marked improvement from the first use. All you have to do is apply it to your dry hair, wrap with cling film and leave on for 30mins - 1hr and then rinse. If you would like to try then please contact me [email protected], absolutely no charge ok. Just promise to let me know if it works for you :) <em>edited by DubaiDee4c on 16/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 14:53
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out? yes :(
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 14:33
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem. Hi, I am going to do all that I can to help but first can you please tell me if you can see white tips at the end of the hairs that are coming out?
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 14:24
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference... Hi My hair is fallingggg reaally bad, checked my thyroid, no problem.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 09:24
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies Hi Sima, From what I recall, the JBCO isn't recommended to stop hair fall - it is used to help new growth. Is your hair definitely falling / shedding or is it breakage? Some people don't know the difference...
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 07:28
Hi I got Jamacian Black Castor oil from gulfsupplements.com and got it in 24 hours :) very very happy. I Just hope it stops my hair from falling out. Thanks ladies
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 23:37
Thank you ladies for the advise. A very big thank you to DubaiDee4c for the time and effort you have put into sharing your experiences with us. I will try the Jamacian Black Castor Oil, can you get it in Dubai? If not where is the best place? Thanks again. Hi Crafty, Its my pleasure :) I have not seen the JBCO for sale in any shops here but I do know that you can buy it online from souq.com. The brand they sell is ok but I have the original one from Jamaica, I can share some with you if you like. I also got a sample from a company in Morocco sent to me today, so you can choose…. Anything to help :)
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 22:15
Thank you ladies for the advise. A very big thank you to DubaiDee4c for the time and effort you have put into sharing your experiences with us. I will try the Jamacian Black Castor Oil, can you get it in Dubai? If not where is the best place? Thanks again.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 22:15
Thank you ladies for the advise. A very big thank you to DubaiDee4c for the time and effort you have put into sharing your experiences with us. I will try the Jamacian Black Castor Oil, can you get it in Dubai? If not where is the best place? Thanks again.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 20:47
With all due respect, DubaiDee, significant hair loss is usually a medical problem. There is only so much you can do for your hair with products. It could be hormonal, related to PCOS and can even be food intolerance - to wheat or dairy for example. In addition, different type's of hair reacts completely differently to different treatments. I'd refer anyone who is concerned about their hair to an endocrinologist first. I agree, I think some of us are not spring chickens anymore and around pre/menopause the hair can naturally thin a bit as well, and the texture can change. (ETA not that I mean Guinness, who is probably 21 or something), but some of the others on this thread, myself included ;) edited by Alismum on 15/10/2014 Hi Ladies This was the original post for this thread - (suffering from intense hair loss, have gone to many doctors, no help. Any product that you have used and recommend please??) So my understanding from that was, she had already been to see more than one professional and did not have any success and was looking for a product that might help……correct? My advice, was don't look for the Miracle Product, check the ingredients for every product that you use and avoid the bad ones. It really matters what you apply to your hair every day, especially if it isn't being removed daily. Same as eating Junk Food everyday will soon have a negative effect on your body. Hair is just a fiber - Human hair is closest to Silk, you wouldn't wash a silk shirt with detergent would you? Afro hair which I have is the most delicate of hair types. It is mostly misunderstood as being coarse when in reality it is the most fragile of hair types because of the many kinks in the curl pattern. Every kink is a weak point so we have to be extra careful how we handle it. If my advice can help my hair then Im sure that it must help other less delicate hair. The advice I give is not for everyone but then not everyone is suffering from the illnesses that you mentioned but they still need help. Men and children are not menopausal but they also suffer from hairloss. If someone is suffering from a more serious hair issue / health problem then my advice will only help to stop from making the condition any worse. I am not one for self-prognosis but I do believe in self-improvement. I just don't accept everything a professional says as gospel, I also do my own research and experiments to find a solution. I have learnt from making that mistake once too often. When I had my second child here in Dubai, I ran out and bought her the full range of Johnsons baby products as I thought they smelled nice…after a couple of months, my baby was suffering from severe dermatitis, so I took her to a recommended Dermatologist and spent thousands of dirhams and put my baby through many allergy tests just to be told that it was the ingredients in the products that were causing the allergic reaction. Maybe I am wrong but I think that someone with so many years of experience should be able to tell the difference between a food allergy and a skin allergic reaction, without so many appointments and blood tests, because now I can. I am not a hair stylist or scientist or hair specialist, just someone who has also suffered from hairloss due to many factors. So honestly I can't diagnose anyone's condition, I can only share with you what happened to me and how I managed to fix it and I really do hope that my advice helps :). <em>edited by DubaiDee4c on 15/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 14:07
With all due respect, DubaiDee, significant hair loss is usually a medical problem. There is only so much you can do for your hair with products. It could be hormonal, related to PCOS and can even be food intolerance - to wheat or dairy for example. In addition, different type's of hair reacts completely differently to different treatments. I'd refer anyone who is concerned about their hair to an endocrinologist first. I agree, I think some of us are not spring chickens anymore and around pre/menopause the hair can naturally thin a bit as well, and the texture can change. (ETA not that I mean Guinness, who is probably 21 or something), but some of the others on this thread, myself included ;) <em>edited by Alismum on 15/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 13:23
DubaiDee, thanks for your informative posts, it is obvious that you have a lot of passion for this topic and have spent a lot of time researching the ingredients of hair products, it would be great if you could post a link to your blog. I have noticed that many conditioners/shampoos contain stuff which must be quite drying and you need a PhD in Chemistry to decipher most shampoo bottles... this is compounded by a lot of companies jumping on the '[i'>green[/i'>' bandwagon - their products are just as full of rubbish, but they have a slogan, touchy feely packaging, and some meaningless buzz words to entice the punters..... I quite like [i'>Neal's Yard[/i'>, have you ever checked out their range? I'd be interested to hear how you rate them... Hi Artemis2, You are more than welcome :) Yes I am very passionate about this subject and I have put a lot of time and effort into solving my hair issues, myself. I woke up one morning and realised that I had to choose - go Natural or go Bald! So I stopped trying to fix the problem and decided to focus on finding the cause and rectifying it. I am going to take the plunge and post the link to my blog as it will give you a better idea of where I am coming from (hopefully it won't cause admin any grief) and you can just search for me on Google+ as I have more pictures there….my username is the same. http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.ae/2014/10/in-beginning.html I hope that reading it will help someone out there and if you need more advice and exact details on my haircare regime, just give me a shout, I am happy to share :)
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 12:11
With all due respect, DubaiDee, significant hair loss is usually a medical problem. There is only so much you can do for your hair with products. It could be hormonal, related to PCOS and can even be food intolerance - to wheat or dairy for example. In addition, different type's of hair reacts completely differently to different treatments. I'd refer anyone who is concerned about their hair to an endocrinologist first. Hi Guinness2, I agree with you that on all of the above and I have also suggested the same to other forum members in a different post. on the other hand some people have seen professionals and are still facing the same problems. I am giving advice based on my personal experience and others that I have helped. Please Google+ and have a look, especially at my sister's hair. If my advice as helped her extremely damaged hair, I am sure that it will help someone else out there. I personally stopped relying on the advice of professionals and started doing my own research because I found out that alot of people benefited from my ignorance. ... I became proactive and started looking deeper into what I was applying to my hair on a daily basis and started conducting experiments on myself and the kids and staff, now its reaching further a field, my neighbours love my hair recipes. I am up until 3am at times giving advice to people on hair forums worldwide just because I want to spare someone else from the stresses I had with my hair. I don't benefit from this but if someone can I am more than happy to share what I have learnt. :)
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 11:55
With all due respect, DubaiDee, significant hair loss is usually a medical problem. There is only so much you can do for your hair with products. It could be hormonal, related to PCOS and can even be food intolerance - to wheat or dairy for example. In addition, different type's of hair reacts completely differently to different treatments. I'd refer anyone who is concerned about their hair to an endocrinologist first.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 11:49
Thanks DubaiDee4c. My hair is very fine naturally, although there (used to be) a lot of it. I find even careful brushing or combing breaks it and half my head of head seems to be left in the brush. Lately, I have been just using my fingers after conditioning and carefully (loosely) putting it up to avoid pulling. I have found the castor oil and massage has been wonderful (recommendation from my hairdresser). I think I shall continue without brushing and see how I go. My daughter, masha'allah, has her father's thick, silky, dark brown hair. I oil her hair regularly and that seems to be all she needs. Hi mrsb I'm really sorry that you are going through this I know from personal experience how distressing hair loss can be thats one of the reasons I started doing my research. I also wanted to save my daughters hair as even though they are only 7 & 4, I noticed that they hair was getting damaged too. Yes avoid brushing and if you must use a comb, use a wide tooth seam free comb and use a rat tail comb for parting your hair. Do you use treatments on your hair? Like our bodies our hair benefits from eating good foods, I really do mean food :) I shop for my hair products in the supermarket, not in the cosmetic aisles but in the fresh fruit and vegetables secton.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 09:01
Thanks DubaiDee4c. My hair is very fine naturally, although there (used to be) a lot of it. I find even careful brushing or combing breaks it and half my head of head seems to be left in the brush. Lately, I have been just using my fingers after conditioning and carefully (loosely) putting it up to avoid pulling. I have found the castor oil and massage has been wonderful (recommendation from my hairdresser). I think I shall continue without brushing and see how I go. My daughter, masha'allah, has her father's thick, silky, dark brown hair. I oil her hair regularly and that seems to be all she needs.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 08:46
I have been dealing with the issue of hair loss since I moved to the UAE. I recommend to get natural oils and massage your scalp with them one or twice a week. Before you take a shower apply to your hair and scalp gently massaging the oil, keep it on for 15 mins or as long as you like and then shower. The oils I like olive, coconut, aloe vera; any oil really. I have tried many different kinds and they all do the job. Try to get a shower head filter I have seen them at Carrefour. Trim the ends of your hair at least once every 4 to 6 weeks. Vitamins and supplements also might help, I recommend vitamin E 1000 mg. There is a supplement I took and I saw improvement: vegetal silica I took it because my eyelashes were falling out. It actually helped my lashes and hair. Diet is a mean issue too the healthier you eat the better and working out increase blood flow to the scalp as well, which promotes healthy and strong hair. As for dry dehydrated hair I recommend a hair mask called macadamia oil deep repair mask. I picked mine up at Nazih and they have locations all over the UAE. It maybe a little pricey but it makes my hair so soft and smells amazing. My husband uses too and he loves it! It's worth a try. I hope this helps! Good Luck! Hi ismemsamanda, I am very happy for you that you found a system that works for you, you seem to be on the right track but I'll give you a couple of tips that might help even more. Doing an Oil Treatment before shampooing is recommended by some people as its claimed that is helps with the hair not being so dry afterwards but for me I believe that Oil Treatments are not necessary if you are not using products that strip your hair of its natural oils to begin with, thats why I do Co-Washing. I believe that if you apply oil all the time especially to the scalp then your scalp will slow down its natural production of oil. I only apply oil to the ends of my hair and about 3/4 ways up the shaft. I also only apply a tiny amount of JBCO to my hairline. Another tip, not all Oils are created equally, EVOO is excellent for its conditioning properties but Coconut Oil is an astringent and will dry out your hair in the long run. Avocado and Sweet Almond are also very good. Extreme Pure Filter did my filters, they charged 200dhs per filter including installation and the filters last for a year - the Company gives you a reminder message when its time to change them. :) I chose them because they are DEWA approved. I personally wouldn't recommend the Macadamia line as they contain Glycerin, I was in Nazih a few weeks back explaining to the manager about some of the bad ingredients I previously mentioned. Glycerin gives your hair a false sense of security…initially it will make your hair feel silky but continuos use in dry conditions like Dubai it will dry your hair out. It will pull moisture from your hair if it cannot get it from the atmosphere, so best to only use if the climate is humid. I make my own hair mask and if anyone would like to try some I am happy to pop to the kitchen I whip up a batch, it only takes 5mins :)
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 08:23
DubaiDee4c, you said on your blog: 3. I will never use another comb or brush or heat to style my hair. Do you mean you never comb or brush your hair or do you use a special brand/type of brush and comb. I have real issues with combs and brushes so would love a recommendation. Hi mrsb, My hair is curly / coily as I am originally from Jamaica, my daughters are mixed race and one has curly hair and the other is wavy almost straight. I don't use combs or brushes for myself as I find they tend to cause frizz and as my hair is very fine, it breaks easily and brushes tend to pull my hair out. For my curly haired daughter I also avoid using brushes and only use them if her hair is wet and has product (conditioner) applied. For both of them, if I need to brush I use a Tangle Teezer brush, I got mine from the Hello Kitty Spa but I also saw another version for sale on the Mohsin Saleh site - The Dessata brush. Hope this helps :)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 08:11
DubaiDee4c, you said on your blog: 3. I will never use another comb or brush or heat to style my hair. Do you mean you never comb or brush your hair or do you use a special brand/type of brush and comb. I have real issues with combs and brushes so would love a recommendation.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 07:52
I have been dealing with the issue of hair loss since I moved to the UAE. I recommend to get natural oils and massage your scalp with them one or twice a week. Before you take a shower apply to your hair and scalp gently massaging the oil, keep it on for 15 mins or as long as you like and then shower. The oils I like olive, coconut, aloe vera; any oil really. I have tried many different kinds and they all do the job. Try to get a shower head filter I have seen them at Carrefour. Trim the ends of your hair at least once every 4 to 6 weeks. Vitamins and supplements also might help, I recommend vitamin E 1000 mg. There is a supplement I took and I saw improvement: vegetal silica I took it because my eyelashes were falling out. It actually helped my lashes and hair. Diet is a mean issue too the healthier you eat the better and working out increase blood flow to the scalp as well, which promotes healthy and strong hair. As for dry dehydrated hair I recommend a hair mask called macadamia oil deep repair mask. I picked mine up at Nazih and they have locations all over the UAE. It maybe a little pricey but it makes my hair so soft and smells amazing. My husband uses too and he loves it! It's worth a try. I hope this helps! Good Luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY