Landlord selling villa we are renting-what is correct procedure for this? | ExpatWoman.com

Landlord selling villa we are renting-what is correct procedure for this?

Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 18:23
Hi , it should be stated in your contract with regards to veiwings, its a really difficult situation, hope it goes well There isn't anything stated in the regular blue contracts. I checked mine and there wasn't anything in there If there is nothing stated then I would presume its up to you to decide if and when to allow anyone to view, I would set a certian time slot once a week, it really is disruptive to daily life :(
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 16:43
This is from Keren Bobker the legal lady who writes for the National Tenants are not obliged to show buyers around a property and if you are asked to do so and wish to assist, you should be given 24 hours' notice. Even a landlord does not have the right to enter a property without permission or a very good reason to do so.
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 16:42
Hi , it should be stated in your contract with regards to veiwings, its a really difficult situation, hope it goes well There isn't anything stated in the regular blue contracts. I checked mine and there wasn't anything in there
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 16:40
Will you be continuing to rent the property under the new owner or are you leaving when your contract finishes? I've been in the former situation, and also had agents being completely disrespectful of my time. So I made it clear that viewings could only take place 6-8pm on Tuesdays and 4-6pm on Saturdays. If you're in the latter situation, I really don't see why it should be your problem and I probably wouldn't cooperate in those circumstances. You're certainly not legally obliged to. There is still 8 months left on our contract so We hope to stay once the property is sold but depends whether it is another landlord that buys it or someone wanting to live there. I will work out some time slots for the agents!!! Thank you for your response. The new owner will have to give you a year from the end of the 8 months you have left and they have to serve you an eviction notice through the correct channels ;)
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 16:28
Hi , it should be stated in your contract with regards to veiwings, its a really difficult situation, hope it goes well
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 08:57
We have been through the same thing 3 times! You need to be super strict with the estate agents that call you, remember this is your home and you have paid to enjoy it as you home for you and your family. Like everyone said on here, work out a viewing time that works for you and your family, not them ,and don't change it, if they can talk you around once they won't stop. I was the same as you running around keeping the house like a showhome for visits, don't do it, it's not a showhome it's your home. For visits in our allocated time and day I asked for 24 hr notice of how many visits were planned, again when they showed up late simple no entry! I also made it clear that agent and viewers were to take their shoes off at the front door and do the visit barefoot! Good luck and just be strict and stand your ground !
Latest post on 16 March 2017 - 08:11
Will you be continuing to rent the property under the new owner or are you leaving when your contract finishes? I've been in the former situation, and also had agents being completely disrespectful of my time. So I made it clear that viewings could only take place 6-8pm on Tuesdays and 4-6pm on Saturdays. If you're in the latter situation, I really don't see why it should be your problem and I probably wouldn't cooperate in those circumstances. You're certainly not legally obliged to. There is still 8 months left on our contract so We hope to stay once the property is sold but depends whether it is another landlord that buys it or someone wanting to live there. I will work out some time slots for the agents!!! Thank you for your response.
Latest post on 15 March 2017 - 22:11
Will you be continuing to rent the property under the new owner or are you leaving when your contract finishes? I've been in the former situation, and also had agents being completely disrespectful of my time. So I made it clear that viewings could only take place 6-8pm on Tuesdays and 4-6pm on Saturdays. If you're in the latter situation, I really don't see why it should be your problem and I probably wouldn't cooperate in those circumstances. You're certainly not legally obliged to.
Latest post on 15 March 2017 - 18:20
Legally you do not have to let anyone in. However when my ex LL was selling I set aside designated times and if they were late ( they usually were) then they didn't come in. My LL took the Mickey and I had real estate agents calling me at all hours however I put a stop to that. I used to allow a few hours at the weekend and that was it as she expected me to let people look around after 9pm during the week and all day on a Saturday. For some odd reason no one ever wanted to view on a Friday That sounds like exactly what is happening to us! Endless agents calling to arrange viewings, all saying they have exclusive rights to sell the house. Some phone and just want to call there and then, others want to come everyday!!! Aaaaaargh!!!!! I feel like I need to live in a show house and am spending all my time cleaning and tidying!!!! Thank you so much for your response, I will work out a time that works for me every week and if they can come then, great! If not, tough! :-)
Latest post on 15 March 2017 - 18:10
Legally you do not have to let anyone in. However when my ex LL was selling I set aside designated times and if they were late ( they usually were) then they didn't come in. My LL took the Mickey and I had real estate agents calling me at all hours however I put a stop to that. I used to allow a few hours at the weekend and that was it as she expected me to let people look around after 9pm during the week and all day on a Saturday. For some odd reason no one ever wanted to view on a Friday
Latest post on 15 March 2017 - 15:52
Hi ladies, Our landlord is selling the villa we are renting. Does anyone know what the correct procedure is for this as in how many different agents / companies can market it and how many hours we need to allow for viewings etc. We are living in the property so it is all a bit frustrating having people traipsing through the house and looking in our cupboards all the time but also don't want to kick up a fuss if it's all above board! TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY