Delicious Homemade Ice Lollies
Keep refreshed throughout summer with these
29 June 2015
Beat the heat with these healthy and delicious iced lollies! Fruit, yoghurt, milk are only some of the ingredients you can play around with. We have rounded up our favorites for you including fruity ones, healthy ones and a frozen hot chocolate one!
Jamie Oliver's Strawberry Lollies
- Whizz up 250g ripe strawberries, 100ml natural yoghurt (or apple or orange juice) and 1 teaspoon honey in a blender or food processor. Taste, and add a little more honey if you think you need to.
- Divide the strawberry mixture between 4 ice lolly moulds, then pop a stick into each one.
- Put the ice lollies in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until solid.
Mango Lassi Popsicle
1. Puree two mangoes, cut into chunks, with a tablespoon of plain simple syrup until the fruit is creamy.
2. In a large measuring cup, add 1/2 cup of the Greek yogurt and the mango puree, mixing it well. Then add enough simple syrup to the mixture so that you have 2 cups total. It should be just about 1/2 cup.
Hot-Cocoa Ice Pops
Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa, or White
- Follow directions for hot cocoa. Let cool slightly.
- Divide mixture evenly among fourteen 2 1/2-ounce ice-pop molds (organize.com), seal with tops, insert sticks, and freeze until set, at least 6 hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove from molds.
- Serve immediately.
Smoothie Ice Lollies
Banana Milk and Honey
2 ripe bananas
50ml yogurt (plain, vanilla or strawberry)
50ml whole milk
2 teaspoons of honey
250 mg strawberries
50g casters sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml plain yogurt
Mango Citrus Tango
250g of fleshed out mango
100ml of fresh orange juice
Squeeze of lime
Hot tip: You can dip the frozen lollies into melted chocolate of your liking like white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate and then roll them into sprinks, nuts or fruit chunks as you please!