In order for the website to provide a safe and useful service, it is important for ExpatWoman.com and ExpatWomanFood.com to collect, use, and share personal information.
1. Collection Information posted on ExpatWoman.com and ExpatWomanFood.com is publicly available. Our servers are located in the UK and the UAE, therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers. We collect and store the following personal information:
- email address and demographic information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from ExpatWoman.com and response to advertisements;
- other information, including users' IP address and standard web log information.
We use users' personal information to:
- provide our services
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage the forum in accordance with the rules set out on joining;
- encourage safe trading;
- review collective data to better understand our customers’ interests as part of the process of continually improving our services;
- inform readers about features, services, competitions and events;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to you;
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
We never sell or rent users' personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
5. Market Research
We may use cumulative data to conduct our own market research and through the site, mails to members and threads on the forum, may from time to time appeal for voluntary contributions of a more qualitative nature. We never sell or rent users’ personal information to third party media companies.
6. Legal Matters
7. ExpatWoman and ExpatWomanFood.com Communication
It is not necessary to join our site to read our feature articles, forum posts, property listings, avail of a discount offered or post a classified ad.
ExpatWoman.com and ExpatWomanFood.com readers who choose to sign up for our mailing list agree to receive weekly mails from ExpatWoman and ExpatWomanFood.com highlighting latest news, offers and events, as well as marketing communications about consumer goods and services on behalf of our third- party advertising partners.
Email sign up is necessary to enable you to enter our competitions.
8. Data Collection
We may automatically scan and manually filter email messages sent via our communication tools for malicious activity or prohibited content.
If you use our tools to send content to a friend, we don't permanently store your friends' addresses or use or disclose them for marketing purposes. In addition, it is unacceptable to disclose the contact information of others through ExpatWoman.com and ExpatWomanFood.com.
To report spam from other users, please [email protected]
Personal details required to make a purchase are your name, contact email, contact phone number.
All credit/ debit card details or information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
All personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
10. Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
ExpatWoman.com uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time ExpatWoman.com asks you for a credit card number on ExpatWoman.com for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted.
11. Event Photography
All our events are public events and as such your photograph may be taken and used on the website or social media belonging to this website. Official photographers are clearly identifiable and if you do not wish to have your photo taken please inform them. If they have already taken a photo you can ask them to delete it from their camera.
If a photograph of yourself ever appears on our website or social media and you wish for it to be removed please email [email protected] and it will be dealt with promptly. We will remove anything of this nature from our website at any time and for anyone.
Attendance at any of our public events implies permission is granted for your photo to be taken and acceptance of these terms and conditions.