24 February 2014
Blueberry and Lemon Pancakes
1. Into a large bowl, sift the flour then mix in the salt, baking powder and caster sugar. Stir in the lemon zest.
2. Break the egg into a separate bowl and beat. Add the milk and lightly whisk together with the egg. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the lemon juice.
3. Gently melt the butter and stir into the mixture to make a fairly thick pancake batter. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
4. Add a small knob of butter to a warmed non-stick pan and melt over a medium heat. Place one or two tablespoons of batter into the pan, sprinkle with a few blueberries and cook for a minute or two. Lift to see if the underside is golden brown
when it is, flip over and cook the other side.
5. Slide the pancake onto a heated plate, cover and keep warm until the whole batch are cooked.
6. Serve warm with extra butter if wanted or a generous drizzle of maple syrup. Or, alternatively, warm the syrup and butter together in a pan and pour over the pancakes. Sprinkle with extra blueberries.
Join the Conversation