26 February 2014
Carrot, leek and potato soup
1. Soften the sliced leek gently in the heated oil in a large saucepan for 2 minutes. Crush the garlic, add and cook for another minute.
2. Stir in the stock, bay leaves and cumin. Season well with salt and black pepper.
3. Bring to the boil and add the potato, stirring constantly. Then add the carrot. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still intact.
4. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a few more minutes. Take out the bay leaves and check the seasoning.
5. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately once sprinkled with parsley.
This is a chunky and filling soup which makes a great lunch or simple supper; even better served with fresh crusty bread!