7 December 2014
Red cabbage with butter and balsamic vinegar
1. Wash then slice the cabbage thinly.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and gently cook the cabbage for about 5 minutes to soften it slightly.
3. Add the stock to the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check that the cabbage is soft and that the liquid has almost completely gone. Be careful, it burns easily!
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir in the butter to coat the cabbage. Season to taste.
5. Turn into a warmed serving dish with a few knobs of butter melting on the top.
Are you looking for some new ideas for vegetables to accompany your Christmas turkey this year? Well, why not try these colourful and tasty dishes to replace the usual boiled or steamed Brussel sprouts and carrots on your table this Christmas, or at any time of the year!
These recipes will make 4 portions.