fruit/vege section of C4 Villagio closed | ExpatWoman.com

fruit/vege section of C4 Villagio closed

Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 13:23

A bit of a surprise this morning to find the entire fruit and vege section of C4 at Villagio has been closed due to 'failure to meet health requirements'.

Latest post on 02 November 2011 - 10:12
Definitely not amy77 - I have it straight from the horse's mouth. F&B manager & head chef have been fired, and they are having to get outside caterers in to cope with the events they have booked. Bit of a nightmare for them, to say the least.
Latest post on 01 November 2011 - 23:00
I've just been to the Golf Club and they've got some big outdoor event on, and all the chefs are out under tents catering for it. Are you sure they haven't just closed the kitchen because of that?
Latest post on 01 November 2011 - 22:50
Seems the municipality is having another 'purge'. The Golf Club kitchens have been closed down for hygiene reasons, so no food being served there at all for now. Remember a couple of years ago when Paul's, Thai Chi & Cold Stone Creamery were all shut down for several weeks? Guess it's reassuring to know they're doing their job though.
Latest post on 01 November 2011 - 21:05
4 Seasons is not serving anything with fresh fruit or veg since i was there on Saturday...can't believe that this is still the case many days later... Think they've been having issues with food hygiene...and this is a decision perhaps by the municipality...Absolutely shocking for a 5 star hotel...
Latest post on 31 October 2011 - 20:11
just came back from the 4Seasons and they said they have no fruit and veg because "their supplier is out" think they shop at C4???
Latest post on 31 October 2011 - 08:37
Update - the "managers" who are still cruising around with nothing to do, say "it usually takes a week". So I gather they'll be up and running for the big Eid business. You see I asked because the F&V area doesn't really bother me too much, if it looks, smells and feels fresh I'll be it. If it looks dodgy I'll leave it be. Of course rats are another thing entirely...! I just wish they'd address the fish area, the amount of times I've received bad salmon is ridiculous! Never in Dubai, but probably every 2nd month here. Going to search for a fish market thread now!
Latest post on 29 October 2011 - 22:52
Well if Ikea is truly on it's way fingers crossed Waitrose will follow .
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 21:13
C4 has had this problem repeatedly here - not only the Fruit and veg, but the meat sections have been shut down at least 4 - 6 times to my personal knowlege since 2006. I have never seen or heard of this in UAE or in Oman. I've noticed in the past 6 - 8 months there seem to be a bunch of "managers" who are going around the store one hopes trying to address these health issues, but as we see, no luck so far. It's disgraceful and the MoH is to be congratulated for shutting them down - but maybe they should be shutting them out for repeated offences and bringing in an operator with real standards? I suspect part of the issue are the staff (and not that the staff don't care, but perhaps they're not trained or compensated properly). The managerial types I've noticed are people from Arab countries with French connections, not French managers (and I have no idea if there is anything to choose between them)
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 19:24
A couple of weeks ago I bought some meat in C4 - when I went to use it the next day it was `off'. I did tell them the next time I went to the shop but they weren't interested!
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 18:36
Little changes then eh? I used to buy my fruit and veg at Family food centre and found it to be good quality and far greater choice, not forgetting much cheaper.
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 16:01
Where is a good place for produce generally ?
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 15:40
I can't say I am surprised at all... there are a few places where there are times when I won't even buy the fresh produce because of the conditions of the store. Carrefour (any of them) usually tend to be sub-standard (in my opinion), but are okay in a pinch sometimes. Thanks for the heads up though of which one to NOT try getting anything at this week. :) Hate making a wasted trip for things.
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 14:38
Darn, those pesky Americans...have to invade even Carrefour! ;)
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 13:42
Hmmmm.....no surprise....last week saw 2 huge american cockroaches running across the potatoes......ran away sharpish!!
Latest post on 28 October 2011 - 13:31
As somebody described them on this forum before, most of them look that they have been sent to die :(. When you face the vegetables / salad of premium quality served in some lebanese restaurants, one realises how poor the quality at C4 is.