skywards miles question? | ExpatWoman.com

skywards miles question?

Latest post on 25 May 2011 - 23:25

Been trying all day to get through to skywards just to ask a question

Can you transfer your skywards miles to another person?

Anyone know the answer?

TIA

Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 10:04
Thanks Chrissy. Very helpful!
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 15:45
You can transfer a maximum of 25,000 miles in one calendar year. The cost to do this $25 per 1000 miles so can work out expensive. It is easier to buy a ticket in someone else's name using your own miles. Is there no charge for that? If you use your own miles to buy a ticket for someone else you just pay the taxes in cash as you would for your own ticket. Some of the rewards tickets offer the option to use miles to pay for part of the tax too so if you have enough miles the ticket is very cheap.
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 12:56
You can transfer a maximum of 25,000 miles in one calendar year. The cost to do this $25 per 1000 miles so can work out expensive. It is easier to buy a ticket in someone else's name using your own miles. Is there no charge for that?
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 12:34
You can transfer a maximum of 25,000 miles in one calendar year. The cost to do this $25 per 1000 miles so can work out expensive. It is easier to buy a ticket in someone else's name using your own miles.
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 08:43
Can I buy a ticket for someone else using my miles? The giftee is not a Skywards member. Yes you can. The other person does not need to be a skywards member.
Latest post on 02 October 2015 - 20:35
Can I buy a ticket for someone else using my miles? The giftee is not a Skywards member.
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 16:43
[b'>We tried to do this a couple of months ago. You can buy miles and gift them to another member or you can use your miles to book a flight/reward for someone else, but you can't 'give' your miles to someone else so they have enough for a reward.[/b'> ^^ yes, you can use your miles to claim an entire reward for someone else (either a ticket or a upgrade cabin) but you cannot give miles to make up the balance of someone who does not have enough of their own miles. <em>edited by Pomegranate on 26/05/2011</em>
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 12:04
As far as I remember, skywards miles were always transferable .. my parents used to transfer between each other whenever needed as they used to travel a lot before - or maybe they just bought each other tickets. But I so remember them saying the word 'transfer'
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 07:31
We tried to do this a couple of months ago. You can buy miles and gift them to another member or you can use your miles to book a flight/reward for someone else, but you can't 'give' your miles to someone else so they have enough for a reward. DH was a few thousand short of what he needed to book me a flight so we wanted to transfer miles from my account to his, but we couldn't. We had to buy them instead. Of course, this could all have changed in the time since we did it!
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 05:36
Yes, you can. And just last night, my husband bought me a ticket using his miles.
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 03:48
The quick answer is no. Not allowed to transfer points to anyone else. If you look on the website and go to frequent questions, it will tell you. Good luck Since when? We have frequently done this and I don't see anything on the FAQ page that says you can't.
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 03:47
Been trying all day to get through to skywards just to ask a question Can you transfer your skywards miles to another person? Anyone know the answer? TIA Yes you can. Call the 'call centre' and ask to gift miles, just need the other persons skywards account number and the transfer is instant.
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 00:43
if you have enough miles (under your name) for a ticket, you can buy a ticket (at anyone's name). i do it every year for my mum and have just done last weekend for my husband. you order the ticket and when confirming the details, you can leave your name or put another name. <em>edited by dxb_dxb on 26/05/2011</em>
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 00:34
dxb I know you can buy top up miles and give them to family, Ive never heard you can use the miles to buy, My Hubby couldnt use his for me.
Latest post on 26 May 2011 - 00:23
No. But you can by a ticket to someone else with your miles.
Latest post on 25 May 2011 - 23:32
No.
Latest post on 25 May 2011 - 23:30
The quick answer is no. Not allowed to transfer points to anyone else. If you look on the website and go to frequent questions, it will tell you. Good luck

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY