Advice for photo session plz | ExpatWoman.com

Advice for photo session plz

Latest post on 12 October 2011 - 21:59

Have a photo session appointment next week with my DH and our 2kids... pls tell me what should do and dont??
I am not good in wearing make up, so what should i do to put some and dont look so coloured!!!
thinking that we all will were denim and white tops, shall we go barefoot or shoes?? t-shirts or shirts?? how about the boys hair?? thinking of many things and cant make up my mind... .my make up is worrying me the most :$

Latest post on 13 October 2011 - 22:41
As a photographer (lifestyle photography - childrten and families) I always advise to wear what feels comfortable and natural. You want the pics to reflect you and your family as you are. You are capturing the image of you all in the here and now. Unless you have a reason for wanting to dress up (daughters prom/ engagement/ older relative gift) I'd always say go casual. As for coordinating, think about where the pic is intended for and choose colours to blend with decor if that is important to you. Think about toning with the rest of the family - not necessarily doing the denim and white shirts for all, but just ensuring no one wears something that will completely take the eye in the image, most of all enjoy the session! Your photographer should guide you and help you relax so your families characters show through. Have fun!
Latest post on 13 October 2011 - 21:52
I would go minimal make-up if that's your usual look. You don't want to look garish or overdone, you want to look like YOU!
Latest post on 13 October 2011 - 21:44
ping!!!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY