Arabian Ranches DEWA | ExpatWoman.com

Arabian Ranches DEWA

Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 21:51

We moved into AR mid Oct and we've just had our first DEWA bill for November but it's only for Electricity and Water. The cooling charge and villa tax is 0. Can anybody explain this? Are we meant to pay these charges elsewhere... We have had the aircon on....

Latest post on 01 December 2011 - 14:00
Ah, OK. So the cooling charge listed on the bill is for communal cooling, which is payable by the owner - not tenant? Is the villa cooling charge under the electricity breakdown on the bill then? Who pays the villa tax - the owner or the tenant? I thought it was the tenant? No, there is no community cooling charge in AR at all. It just shows on your bill as there are other areas that do have a community cooling charge as they use Emicool. These used to be separate but DEWA took over Emicool so thats why it shows up on your DEWA bill.
Latest post on 01 December 2011 - 13:47
Ah, OK. So the cooling charge listed on the bill is for communal cooling, which is payable by the owner - not tenant? Is the villa cooling charge under the electricity breakdown on the bill then? Who pays the villa tax - the owner or the tenant? I thought it was the tenant?
Latest post on 01 December 2011 - 00:49
In AR your DEWA bill is for Electricity, Water and Sewerage. There is no Community Cooling charge as each villa pays for its usage. There should also be an additional charge for Housing Tax which is a proportion of the initial purchase price. The latter depends upon whether or not you are renting or own the property. There is also a Community Charge payable to Emaar on an annual basis. Again, whether or not you are liable to pay this will depend upon whether or not you own or rent the property and, if you rent, the details of your lease.
Latest post on 01 December 2011 - 00:18
i thought cooling charges were for communal systems - we're in ranches and don't pay it seperately.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 21:57
Everyone I've asked before - ie estate agent / owner said it was all under DEWA.... Have no idea where to begin finding out the supplier if it's not DEWA.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 21:55
We are in AR and do not get a separate bill for cooling.
Latest post on 30 November 2011 - 21:54
Are you sure you have a separate charge for cooling? If it's a villa, I would have thought that comes into your electric charges. Who know about the housing tax, some people get charged it, others don't.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY