Jelllllly belly :( | ExpatWoman.com

Jelllllly belly :(

Latest post on 26 January 2012 - 16:55
If any of you are still looking for a personal trainer my friend who works for Regime Fitness - Hayley will be holding a meeting sometime next week at a cafe in jumeriah somewhere to scout clients and help with information etc. if anyone is interested go on the website for Regime - Personal Training - Hayley Malcolm or write back here to me and i can help. She specializes in pre/post natal, rehabilitation, fat loss and toning up. Hope this helps her no. 0567056882
Latest post on 26 January 2012 - 16:51
If any of you are still looking for a personal trainer my friend who works for Regime Fitness - Hayley will be holding a meeting sometime next week at a cafe in jumeriah somewhere to scout clients and help with information etc. if anyone is interested go on the website for Regime - Personal Training - Hayley Malcolm or write back here to me and i can help. She specializes in pre/post natal, rehabilitation, fat loss and toning up. Hope this helps
Latest post on 19 January 2012 - 19:29
Wow ladies! It has been so good reading this thread. I too have a post pregnancy jelly belly that doesn't seem to want to shift! Some great advice here, I'm going to give it a go.
Latest post on 18 January 2012 - 00:47
Thanks Carol2012 yes i am definitely not drinking enough water so need to sort that out and i will look into the probiotics.
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 18:25
Oh pilates is wonderful. Recently stumbled across the 'Crunch' series, where they use hand weights as well - now I see where Jillian Michael's got the idea for the 30 day shred ;)
Latest post on 17 January 2012 - 15:20
I was also going to suggest pilates, I know of a couple of ladies who started pilates to help move post pregnancy weight... , I find it good as it helps strengthen and tone all muscles. You also loose calories without realising. ‘They say’ it’s important to strengthen your deep core muscles to help pull your tummy in, and not to just do a heap stomach crunches after giving birth. You should maybe check it out, I love pilates and started a few months ago, and you get women all shapes and sizes who go :o) obviously doing some cardio along side will give better results.. Yep drink plenty water, to help rid any water retention. The more water you drink, the less dehydrated you will be, and the less water your body will hold on to. Another thing is probiotics for bloated tummy... I take one probiotoc capsule every morning with a glass of water, and I never feel bloated, I used to suffer from a bloated feeling especially after carbs. I wish you all the best !!!! xxx
Latest post on 09 January 2012 - 12:03
I have started a weight loss pilates class. I think the combination of exercises is good, but I also need to cut down on carbs, which I find very difficult :(
Latest post on 08 January 2012 - 18:49
Trouble tummy areas are usually mostly diet related. High fibre diets keep you fuller longer and stop bloating, drink lots and lots of water as much of it might be retained water. I agree mixing cardio and weight together works faster and you see better results. Interestingly I found a nice pilates workout online the other day mixing cardio and weights and working all the muscle groups together - Jillian Michaels obviously got her ideas from these, it's almost exactly the same lol
Latest post on 07 January 2012 - 01:46
n_b18 25KG in 8 months. That is extremely impressive. Well done you that must have taken so much determination and will power. Hats off to you :)
Latest post on 05 January 2012 - 03:44
Believe me when I say this, try weight lifting and cardio exercises together, and you will get the result you want... I used to be fat before, but I managed to lose 25 kg in 8 months with this method. Of course I was on a diet too but exercise helped a lot. The good thing about this kind of exercise is that I don't have a saggy body after losing that much weight. I have a toned body now :)... And ppl who don't know me, can't believe when I tell them I used to be fat. you just have to be very committed to the exercise and your diet. I spend 2 hours in the gym everyday, and I do weight lifting,cardio and ab exercises all together. As far as my diet, I eat whatever I want, but not too much. <em>edited by n_b18 on 05/01/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 January 2012 - 00:42
250 sit ups WOW!!! No wonder you DON'T have a jelly belly :) Do you mind telling me how much does the personal trainer charge? Thanks
Latest post on 04 January 2012 - 11:12
This post popped into my mind yesterday morning as was reaching (approx) my 250th sit up!! I don't have a jelly belly although I did a few months ago as the Dubai Stone started creeping up! I couldn't bear the thought of cutting down on food (or wine!) so the only other option was excercise, which I loathe with a passion. Never the less it was the only option, so I signed up with a personal traniner (7am, 3 times a week); it's tough, but she's been fantastic and it's fair to say that my shape has noticably changed. So that would be my recommendation. Best of luck.
Latest post on 04 January 2012 - 00:15
Thanks Big blue, will look into it more. IzzyDubai i would love to try Yoga. terrible_twos: I know what you wrote sums it all up but i find it very hard to put it all into practice. I love my carbs :( and struggle with portion control as well. I think it all stems from the fact that i NEVER had to watch what i eat and was always on the slim side and now i find it very hard to get into that habit :(
Latest post on 03 January 2012 - 15:26
If you look/feel bloated, then it could be an intolerance. I've read that you can't really "spot reduce" - so all those sit-ups are quite useless and may harm your back instead! Also, heard some fitness experts point out that weight around your abdomen has more to do with what you eat than exercise - specifically cut down on your carbs and try to eat more protein.
Latest post on 03 January 2012 - 09:15
have you tried yoga?
Latest post on 03 January 2012 - 09:10
Big Blue: I have been thinking of the diet aspect as well. Are there any particular tests i need to ask for? Thanks for the recommendation Fairfield. Hi Toodles, I'm afraid I'm not sure, as I haven't had any tests done myself. I believe it involves some blood testing but I can't tell you with certainty. However, I know there is a Facebook group here, it's called Gluten Free UAE and I'm sure you would find people on there who could point you the right direction if you wanted to look into it. Otherwise you could always start with a dietician I suppose, even if your issue is not gluten related perhaps a dietary change would help.
Latest post on 03 January 2012 - 01:56
Big Blue: I have been thinking of the diet aspect as well. Are there any particular tests i need to ask for? Thanks for the recommendation Fairfield.
Latest post on 02 January 2012 - 10:34
Hi. I'm a fan of Jillian too and would recommend her collection set which includes the 30 day shread, 6 week 6 pack and two other DVDs I use regularly. It gives great variety to stop you getting bored. Good luck. FFx
Latest post on 02 January 2012 - 09:38
Regarding the bloating and looking like you're pregnant, if this happens often perhaps you should have some tests done, you could for instance be gluten intolerant and this could be causing part of the problem. It may be irrelevant in your case but it's not something people think about and it can really transform your life if you find out that you are and make the appropriate dietary changes. Good luck in any case!
Latest post on 02 January 2012 - 00:21
I googled the 30 day shred and it does look very impressive AND tough :) Thanks jillp, yes definitely more squats in 2012 :)
Latest post on 01 January 2012 - 10:13
Yes - the 30 day shred definitely works (unfortunately I didn't complete it as my ankle couldn't cope with the jumping). I also read in Aquarius magazine recently that squats are actually more effective for flattening the tummy that sit-ups - maybe that should be my New Years resolution.
Latest post on 01 January 2012 - 04:13
adesperatehousewife : I know exactly what you mean with the "not fat and strugglin to be a perfect 10". I am not the least bit worried about my weight but just want to get rid of the belly but don't think that's possible without losing some weight (or that is what i have been told). Thanks for suggesting the personal trainer and it is something i have thought of in the past. Ziiii: I find myself doing and thinking the same. lol and if you ever come across such a magic potion be sure to tell me :) Thanks Sant: Wow sounds good. I will google it straight away .
Latest post on 31 December 2011 - 22:30
same here, i really cannot stop looking at it and holding the tummy and cannot believe that someday i didnt have this :-( I wish more if there is a cream or a lotion to apply and get rid of it.... i can feel ur pain!!
Latest post on 31 December 2011 - 17:24
I am in the same boat - not fat and strugglin to be a perfect 10! And it is soooo annoying, i think a personal trainer will give you the right exercises for your problem areas and you wont end up spraining your back with bad posture. Some gyms provide this facility where they monitor you. The bloating is caused by water retention and it happens before periods.( thats what I have heard!) So best of luck! <em>edited by adesperatehousewife on 31/12/2011</em>
Latest post on 31 December 2011 - 03:03
Ladies any helpful tips will be much appreciated I am soo unhappy about my tummy. I have 2 kids, 4 and a half and an almost 3 year old. I think my BMI is in the healthy range. I am 5.5 ft tall and weigh 58-60kg (lol I want brutal honesty if people think I need to lose weight) I have been told that it's harder to get your stomach back in shape after your second child but he is ALMOST 3 :( I would say I am reasonably fit. Walk and gym whenever I can but the weight is just not shifting from my waist area. I find sit ups to be useless (maybe not doing them properly) but try and do some other ab exercises like the bicycle manouver and crunches but don’t have a strict routine. My tummy looks worse on some days than others (bloated feeling); I actually look pregnant at times :( So makes me think maybe it's a diet issue as well. So what I am after is 1) Tips on exercises specifically for the stomach and love handles. I think I need strict instructions of how many repetitions for how long till I see results 2) Anything that I can consume (Have heard of having lemon in warm water first thing in the morning). I would appreciate any tips. Many thanks Wishing everyone a happy new year.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY