maid going on holiday- do i need to fill out any forms for her return? | ExpatWoman.com

maid going on holiday- do i need to fill out any forms for her return?

Latest post on 05 February 2012 - 13:29

hi ladies my philipino maid is going home for a month in april, i think i may need to file something out so she can get back into dubai with no problems.

is this correct? if so any advice on what or where do it would be great :)

Latest post on 28 August 2016 - 21:32
The returning worker can get there OEC certificate in Manila. Although it lot more difficult and crowded there, I hear.
Latest post on 11 August 2016 - 09:27
Hey ladies! My nanny is home in the Philippines and has stated that she needs a 'Verification' stamp on her OEC before they will let her back into the country. 1.) Can I even get that for her? 2.) If I do, how will they let her through immigration if I have the doc? Confused, please help! To my knowledge the OEC has nothing to do with entering the UAE. It is for the Philipines exit. Rules may have changed, but when our maid left for her holidays she needed all this done here in Dubai, before here departure. So unless things have changed, I doubt there's anything you can do for her.
Latest post on 03 August 2016 - 12:21
Hey ladies! My nanny is home in the Philippines and has stated that she needs a 'Verification' stamp on her OEC before they will let her back into the country. 1.) Can I even get that for her? 2.) If I do, how will they let her through immigration if I have the doc? Confused, please help!
Latest post on 07 October 2012 - 22:32
I have just read through these forms and was wondering do you have to state your household monthly salary as this is personal information that I don't really want the maid or anyone else seeing for that matter. Do you complete this section of the form? Also the details of all family memebers, is this really necesary. Would like to hear your opinions
Latest post on 05 September 2012 - 20:38
YW.
Latest post on 01 September 2012 - 21:24
I've replied to this old thread as our maid is going on holiday at the end of next week. Apparently I need to download a number of documents from the POLO website with which to send her to the Consulate. The POLO website link listed below no longer seems to work. Anyone have any ideas what to do or what the correct website now is? TIA http://www.polo-owwadubai.net/how-to-get-an-oec.html
Latest post on 29 August 2012 - 12:06
I've replied to this old thread as our maid is going on holiday at the end of next week. Apparently I need to download a number of documents from the POLO website with which to send her to the Consulate. The POLO website link listed below no longer seems to work. Anyone have any ideas what to do or what the correct website now is? TIA
Latest post on 07 April 2012 - 10:43
morning ladies - our helper is headed to POLO office on Sunday for her certificate so that she can return in a months time. gusncoley, the list of required docs on the website lists a request letter from sponsor..... I'm worried to send her all the way down there and on this one day they decide this is again a required doc. won't have a chance for her to go on Monday as I'm back in the office that day and she's leaving Tuesday. anyone have updated experience - do we need the request letter from the sponsor? TIA bump...anyone need the request letter at the POLO office recently?
Latest post on 06 April 2012 - 10:29
morning ladies - our helper is headed to POLO office on Sunday for her certificate so that she can return in a months time. gusncoley, the list of required docs on the website lists a request letter from sponsor..... I'm worried to send her all the way down there and on this one day they decide this is again a required doc. won't have a chance for her to go on Monday as I'm back in the office that day and she's leaving Tuesday. anyone have updated experience - do we need the request letter from the sponsor? TIA
Latest post on 15 February 2012 - 17:39
It is good for 2 months
Latest post on 15 February 2012 - 15:24
how far in advance can one do this? i know it can take only a day, but if we're going to be there for something else next week and she will be traveling in early April - would that work? Or do these certificates expire? Thanks!
Latest post on 15 February 2012 - 12:09
Send her to the Phillipine embassy in Al Qusais with all the paperwork I listed, 152 dirhams plus taxi fare if sending by taxi! BTW she needs 2 copies of everything! <em>edited by gusncoley on 15/02/2012</em>
Latest post on 15 February 2012 - 09:31
AMAZING! thank you so much for your help on this... where does she need to go after the forms are filled out?
Latest post on 14 February 2012 - 23:33
I printed the 3 forms required, filled them out, hubby signed them. I sent our maid by taxi today with these 3 forms, a copy of her labor contract, 2 copies each of hubbies passport and visa and 2 copies each of her passport and visa. She received her certificate with no problems, and total cost was 152 dirhams! No certifications or letter by us was required. Hope this helps, she was back home within 2 hours. Here are the docs you need: Go to www.polo-owwadubai.net and go to the downloadable for section. In the 'forms for household staff' section you need to print off and fill in the: * undertaking_of_employer-a4_size_bomd.doc *ofw_data_sheet_for_balik_manggagawa.pdf *infor_sheet-a4_size_bond.xls edited by gusncoley on 14/02/2012 <em>edited by gusncoley on 14/02/2012</em>
Latest post on 05 February 2012 - 21:37
You need to go to the Philippine Embassy (or maybe consulate in dubai). She needs an OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate), or she will not be allowed to leave the Philippines to come back here. Assuming you are taking her, and she is sponsored by your husband, you need to take your and your husband's passports, her and her passort with you. She will have to pay for some insurance and membership ( I think the insurance was called Balik mangagawa). There are also 3 forms that you can find online from the embassy website that you have to fill out as well: en employment contract, information sheet and one other I can't remember. The embassy will certify the documents you filled out, and then issue the OEC. Total cost is about 300 DHS. Also, since she is returning back to you and not a new employer, they asked me to write a paper saying she has worked for us for X years, and is returning back to work again for us. They called it an employment certificate from the employer. It was really just a handwritten note from me, and signed. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY