Please help choosing a doctor! | ExpatWoman.com

Please help choosing a doctor!

Latest post on 11 February 2013 - 13:03

HI! Im 13 weeks pregnant and have been going to Medcare hospital in Jumeirah to Dr. Shiva. Yesterday I received a text message from the hospital that from tomorrow onwards she will no longer be working here and that I should find myself a new doctor. I cant believe they can just do that!!! Anyway, I was a bit unsure about her anyway as I found out that she was supposed to have done some blood tests by now like for hemoglobin, insulin etc. and she hadn't done any (except to confirm my pregnancy). She told me my baby would be 11cm when i asked her the size when i was 10 weeks pregnant and after googling it, turned out even that was wrong. I am still taking folic acid event hough by now she should have told me to take vitamins, calcium etc.

I am now in search of a new doctor and am very confused. Does anyone know of a good doctor in MedCare? I have been told welcare is a good hospital and has good facilities, can anyone guide me as to which doctor I should go to there...or any other hospital. I think American, city and govt. hospitals are not covered by my insurance.

I will probably stick to the first doctor i go to now and would greatly appreciate you help in helping me find the right one!! Please share your experiences or any give any advice suitable! Thank you!!

Latest post on 08 September 2016 - 08:40
My doc at Medcare is Dr.Luthra, she is fabulous ....you might read and hear conflicting opinions but for me she has been godsent. Hey bubble -can you elaborate about your experience. I am mostly finalozing her for me.
Latest post on 27 July 2016 - 16:57
My doc at Medcare is Dr.Luthra, she is fabulous ....you might read and hear conflicting opinions but for me she has been godsent. I have heard about her and wanted to go see her but its impossible to get an appointment with her! Lizzy and Bubble_troubble - you are which nationality as I have heard mixed reviews about Luthra and keen on knowing is it because of any specific nationality or something or she is the same with everyone
Latest post on 15 February 2013 - 12:01
can highly recommend Dr Yuilya- she is based at cooper clinic on as wasl road but delivers at medcare. Thanks but i'd prefer to see a doc in a hospital so i can have the delivery in the same place...i know its not necessary but i just feel more comfortable :)
Latest post on 15 February 2013 - 12:00
My doc at Medcare is Dr.Luthra, she is fabulous ....you might read and hear conflicting opinions but for me she has been godsent. I have heard about her and wanted to go see her but its impossible to get an appointment with her!
Latest post on 13 February 2013 - 10:48
My doc at Medcare is Dr.Luthra, she is fabulous ....you might read and hear conflicting opinions but for me she has been godsent.
Latest post on 12 February 2013 - 14:09
Also with Dr. Yuliya, had first appointment with her last week and she was very comprehensive, did a great job taking history, explaining process and package. Had blood and urine tests for antenatal screen, and she added some more tests because of Husband's history. Also gave a first ultrasound and was able to find heartbeat on first go. Determined exact age of baby from length, so i now know i'm 7 weeks along. Was worried about finding a doctor that i trusted and who communicated well, especially after all the comments on the forum. Only slight concern now is about medcare as reviews seem mixed, but i think the doctor is more important than the facility you deliver in. Good luck finding a new doctor!
Latest post on 11 February 2013 - 13:09
can highly recommend Dr Yuilya- she is based at cooper clinic on as wasl road but delivers at medcare.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY