Why not a new earlybirds coffee morning on a Saturday for women who work? | ExpatWoman.com

Why not a new earlybirds coffee morning on a Saturday for women who work?

Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 16:09

I have been to the coffee mornings before I started to work, and they were enjoyable.
I cannot understand why you don't put on a coffee morning at the weekend for working women- or at least canvass to see how many might be interested.

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 18:45
I too would love to see some evening and short weekend meetings. I am moving to Dubai in January into a busy senior job and would love the opportunity to meet ladies in a similar situation. I often feel left out of "Mummy stuff" here in the UK because of my working hours so would love to feel more integrated in that respect when moving to Dubai. I have found this site/forum so helpful with regards to finding info about all kinds of subjects and would love to use it as a channel for making new friends. I'm not (all that) young either so going out to bars every weekend with colleagues is out of the question (sadly!!!). Thanks
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 17:41
Also, not every working woman is a mum/wife, so it shouldn't be assumed that ladies want to spend all their free time with their families. :)
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 15:40
Hi I see this thread is from 2013, has there been any movement on a Saturday coffee morning for working moms? Hello, I've just proposed weekends and evening events and inquired about that a few days, but no response, yet. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic237418-smaller-meetups-on-weekends-or-evenings-forum23.aspx Hi ladies, We've forwarded your ideas and feedback to our Events team, we always appreciate your ideas and hope to ensure that you can come to one of our events in the future. Our next evening event is on September 2nd, details are yet to be confirmed so keep an eye on the site! EW Admin
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 15:21
Hi I see this thread is from 2013, has there been any movement on a Saturday coffee morning for working moms? Hello, I've just proposed weekends and evening events and inquired about that a few days, but no response, yet. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic237418-smaller-meetups-on-weekends-or-evenings-forum23.aspx
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 13:57
Hi I see this thread is from 2013, has there been any movement on a Saturday coffee morning for working moms?
Latest post on 11 March 2013 - 21:43
Hello everyone, I would also love to have a Saturday morning coffee with chit chat :)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 March 2013 - 09:00
That would be a great idea - I would join also
Latest post on 11 March 2013 - 08:44
There is a Saturday coffee morning in the pipeline... We are just finalising the details and will let you know... Thanks for the feedback, Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 11 March 2013 - 08:43
I understand its because its assumed us working mums spend all weekend with our families/husbands, but an earlybird coffee would be great, a meet up, chat and still have the rest of the day. I couldn't go every week, as it would depend what else we had on, but as a working mum I feel i don't fit into any 'category'...at work I'm in the minority (having kids that is) and I'm also a little older than most of my colleagues, I have older kids as well so don't fit into the 'mums and tots' category, and the fact I work means I can't attend any coffee mornings anyway! Basically, what I'm saying is, I have no friends, lol
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 23:28
Agree too I used to enjoy the coffee mornings before I started work. Something over the weekend would be great
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 22:22
I had suggested the same thing 2 years previously and told that there was not enough demand and that working mums prefer to be with their families....including husbands on the weekend...... This response came from other mums on the forum. Although would b interested if it gets up n running.....
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 22:18
Me too! I am tired of missing every single event because I work. It is unfair on my lo too as it is very hard for her to meet other babies. :(
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 16:20
I second that! Would be a great idea for working EW...
Latest post on 10 March 2013 - 16:18
Great Idea!!! Us working mums always miss out

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY