The Greens | ExpatWoman.com

The Greens

Latest post on 16 April 2013 - 13:46

We are thinking about buying a flat in the greens but would like to hear from people living there how is it in general. Popular with couples, families, singles?
Are all the comunity areas well maintain? swimming pools?
How many parking places per flat?

Thanks

Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 17:00
Greens is practically across the bridge from Internet City/Media City, so very convenient. The apartment in the Greens are quite small in my opinion and the rents are high, but I think there are some villas nearby as well. There is loads of greenery (In the Greens that would be expected lol) and quite a few shops, coffee shops and restaurants. School nearby as well. You could also look into Tecom, which is when you come from Internet City left across the road from the Greens. Depends on the building. I have a 1 bed and it is 1200SQ ft and my friends 3 bed is enormous however I have a fantastic LL and my rent hasn't risen in 3 years :-) There are Duplexes which look lovely however they are hard to come by and there are waiting lists for them. I have been to several apartments in different buildings and found them quite small for the rent they ask, but then as you say there are bigger ones I haven't seen. So I'm just going by my experience:).. Some of the older ones are tiny. I just got lucky I think :-)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 16:58
Greens is practically across the bridge from Internet City/Media City, so very convenient. The apartment in the Greens are quite small in my opinion and the rents are high, but I think there are some villas nearby as well. There is loads of greenery (In the Greens that would be expected lol) and quite a few shops, coffee shops and restaurants. School nearby as well. You could also look into Tecom, which is when you come from Internet City left across the road from the Greens. Depends on the building. I have a 1 bed and it is 1200SQ ft and my friends 3 bed is enormous however I have a fantastic LL and my rent hasn't risen in 3 years :-) There are Duplexes which look lovely however they are hard to come by and there are waiting lists for them. I have been to several apartments in different buildings and found them quite small for the rent they ask, but then as you say there are bigger ones I haven't seen. So I'm just going by my experience:)..
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 16:05
My husband is targeting a job in internet city. Is anyone else living in the Greens and working in Internet/Media City- if so, could they please let me know how they/their partner commutes there and how long it takes. Was looking at JLT as metro is so convenient but chiller fees have put us off! My friend does that commute daily and it's very close, but she still drives: 5-10 minutes. Depending where in Internet/Media City, it would probably be walkable in cooler weather. Taxis are hard to come by at rush hour. The cost in the Greens have skyrocketed recently. You'll likely be able to find a larger place for a more reasonable price in JLT even with the chiller costs factored in. But, you'll also have to deal with JLT construction which seems to be never-ending.
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 15:56
We have lived in the Greens for about five years and absolutely love it, our apartment is on the views side with the high risers and the space is great, much larger than most of the apartments that we viewed in other areas. Its a very short walk to Greens Village which has nice restaurants, coffee shops, pharmacy, boooksplus, Kodak, Tips n Toes and Shima beauty. The athmosphere is great with lots of couples as well as families. The area is well maintained and we have a gym on the ground floor and lovely pool overlooking the lakes. DH and I love taking evening strolls around the lakes.
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 14:54
We are thinking about buying a flat in the greens but would like to hear from people living there how is it in general. Popular with couples, families, singles? Are all the comunity areas well maintain? swimming pools? How many parking places per flat? Thanks We are living in the greens since 6 years.. We owned a property in low rise old greens, which is now not in good condition.. If you really want to buy, try going for the new ones, high rise buildings, as they are better maintained..
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 14:32
Greens is practically across the bridge from Internet City/Media City, so very convenient. The apartment in the Greens are quite small in my opinion and the rents are high, but I think there are some villas nearby as well. There is loads of greenery (In the Greens that would be expected lol) and quite a few shops, coffee shops and restaurants. School nearby as well. You could also look into Tecom, which is when you come from Internet City left across the road from the Greens. Depends on the building. I have a 1 bed and it is 1200SQ ft and my friends 3 bed is enormous however I have a fantastic LL and my rent hasn't risen in 3 years :-) There are Duplexes which look lovely however they are hard to come by and there are waiting lists for them.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 14:29
Greens is practically across the bridge from Internet City/Media City, so very convenient. The apartment in the Greens are quite small in my opinion and the rents are high, but I think there are some villas nearby as well. There is loads of greenery (In the Greens that would be expected lol) and quite a few shops, coffee shops and restaurants. School nearby as well. You could also look into Tecom, which is when you come from Internet City left across the road from the Greens.
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 14:18
Hi, hope you don't mind me adding a query to this thread...we are thinking of re-locating to Dubai for a few years...my husband, my daughter & me...from research we have done so far, the Greens is appealing most as a place to live. My husband is targeting a job in internet city. Is anyone else living in the Greens and working in Internet/Media City- if so, could they please let me know how they/their partner commutes there and how long it takes. Was looking at JLT as metro is so convenient but chiller fees have put us off! Thanks for any help. It is only a short drive or taxi ride to Media and Internet City from the Greens The bridge over Sheikh Zayed Road has been open a while which helps I live at the Greens and love it!
Latest post on 13 June 2013 - 14:15
Hi, hope you don't mind me adding a query to this thread...we are thinking of re-locating to Dubai for a few years...my husband, my daughter & me...from research we have done so far, the Greens is appealing most as a place to live. My husband is targeting a job in internet city. Is anyone else living in the Greens and working in Internet/Media City- if so, could they please let me know how they/their partner commutes there and how long it takes. Was looking at JLT as metro is so convenient but chiller fees have put us off! Thanks for any help.
Latest post on 16 April 2013 - 14:11
We are thinking about buying a flat in the greens but would like to hear from people living there how is it in general. Popular with couples, families, singles? Are all the comunity areas well maintain? swimming pools? How many parking places per flat? Thanks Emaar in my opinion are one of the best developers All very well maintained Popular for families, couples and single people Low rise buildings, close to amenities, clean and security are fab! One parking space for 1-2 beds, 2 spaces for 3 beds I live there as you can tell!
Latest post on 16 April 2013 - 13:55
We've got a really great feature here about life in The Greens that should help http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_property_guide_dubai_area_greens_7151.aspx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY