NYE access to the Palm | ExpatWoman.com

NYE access to the Palm

Latest post on 30 December 2013 - 17:20
We got passes for our friends, but now our friends have dropped out coz no one wants to head out to our place at 8:00pm :-( sorry to hear that BD, do you mean 8 is too early ?? I believe that access is being cut off to people attending private parties - I think we have to be at our friends' by 6..not sure but it was all in the letter to Residents.. I stand corrected - just heard from our friend - access is closing at 9, 10 for taxis...
Latest post on 30 December 2013 - 16:43
Hey BD, Can I ask you for a favour please. If you are not using you passes, can I get them off you. I dont mind paying pls. My sister lives on the palm and even though she has managed to get us individual passes for 4 of us (my husband, I and 2 toddlers in tow!) she couldnt get us a car pass, so we have no idea how to get to the palm. She lives in the apts and got 2 car passes that she kept one for her and one for her inlaws. Have tried calling the RTA for taxis but they have no bookings for tom :-(( Please do let me know. It will be a huge huge help. Thanks in advance
Latest post on 30 December 2013 - 16:10
We got passes for our friends, but now our friends have dropped out coz no one wants to head out to our place at 8:00pm :-( sorry to hear that BD, do you mean 8 is too early ?? I believe that access is being cut off to people attending private parties - I think we have to be at our friends' by 6..not sure but it was all in the letter to Residents..
Latest post on 30 December 2013 - 14:54
We got passes for our friends, but now our friends have dropped out coz no one wants to head out to our place at 8:00pm :-( That is such a shame. I would have thought that the Palm would have been the place most people wanted to be on NYE, especially with friends.
Latest post on 30 December 2013 - 14:52
We got passes for our friends, but now our friends have dropped out coz no one wants to head out to our place at 8:00pm :-(
Latest post on 29 December 2013 - 16:48
very easy to get passes...for all guests and for us ...very easy to follow procedures... no panic!
Latest post on 26 December 2013 - 08:50
I got my 2 passes yesterday from security!! To be honest I was surprised as I thought I was going to have to hunt high and low for them.
Latest post on 24 December 2013 - 09:19
if you do manage to get onto the palm before 8 and sit in Cabana or somewhere, I understand that you wont be able to get out until 1.00am ?!!!
Latest post on 24 December 2013 - 08:56
Bubbling creek I will beg to differ with you in that, for people living on the Palm, this is news. I have lived on the Palm for three years and we have never had to have passes for any fireworks displays or New Year. I think what the problem is that they are so late in telling residence that they need a pass and that the information on where to get passes has been unclear. There is an article in today's National saying restrictions will be in place from the 28th December. That is four days to try and get passes which will not be enough time for some people. Also, they are saying passes will be issued by building concierge. I will ask mine today but I doubt he will know anything. What is frustrating is that, in typical Dubai fashion, the information is received at short notice and that it is not clear on where to get passes. They didn't plan this on a whim so why weren't we told about a few weeks ago. http://www.thenational.ae/uae/transport/dubais-palm-jumeirah-restricts-residents-access-due-to-new-years-eve-fireworks
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 19:02
This is not news, every year the residents complain of same issues.just invite your friends for a sleepover.
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 17:42
Can't believe they are leaving it so late and inconveniencing residents, not for the first time though. We are in the UK for Christmas and don't return until the morning of New Year, we live in a Villa and are having some friends round for NYE. We have no way of getting passes for ourselves let alone trying to get our guests any. They have known about this event for a long time, bad organisation as usual.
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 16:06
Oopsie, this is exactly what happened when they opened Atlantis many people had organised parties and had to cancel and we werent allowed out on the beach after 4pm. It will also be difficult for those who have more than one car and are going to work on NYE. I have a massive bee in my bonnet now because of the hassle that DH & I will have trying to get home from work because we have two cars, although I might just have to take a day off work to avoid the frustration. Seriously, two car passes at a minimum not one.
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 15:58
Well, that's all very nice, but what if you're attending a private party at one of the fonds? Apparently the tenants need vouchers for their visitors, but are having a hard time obtaining these. So farewell New Years Eve Party !
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 15:49
We've emailed the organisers about people attending events there and here's the reply "All hotel guests and event goers will be granted access to the Palm on the 31st of December. For further information about regarding the access passes, please liaise with the respective hosting hotel." So best to contact your venue. Here's a link to the official website with the access information and timings http://dubaiworldrecord2014.com/ If we find out anything else we'll let you know Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 15:03
Just seen on FB a Sandance info poster telling all Sandance guests to go to AUD for ticket inspection and wristbands and they will be running a shuttle bus service from there with a lane set aside just for these buses. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=701522479882330&set=a.115967348437849.10414.106566796044571&type=1
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 14:27
http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/access-to-dubai-s-palm-jumeirah-restricted-on-nye-monorail-operations-close-from-dec-26-2013-12-23-1.532212
Latest post on 23 December 2013 - 14:03
So we had heard rumours of limited access on the Palm on NYE and fair enough but its a little over a week out and nothing formal to residents. I did ring Nakheel yesterday and got what appears to be half a response from Nakheel that we will get 4 passes. Today the papers are reporting yes 4 passes but only 1 car access pass. How is this possible, there are many many people who will be working on NYE and because Nakheel so dictates, with the least possible notice, we have to make arrangements for accessing our homes because the island will be closed from 8am NYE. arrrggghhhh another OID moment which is frustrating. By the looks of it those people going to Sandance are going to have to register to get access so if you are going you might want to get organised soon.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY