Help with Arabic yogurt sauce pls! | ExpatWoman.com

Help with Arabic yogurt sauce pls!

Latest post on 17 January 2014 - 20:37

Hi, I tried making yogurt sauce twice, following the instructions of a Jordanian friend, and both times the sauce split and tasted awful! I put 1 kg of yogurt, 1 T corn starch and some water into a blender, mixed it up, then cooked at a simmer, stirring. First it went kind of thick, then the whole sauce went watery, then I added shish barak and the whole sauce just split into yucky curds.

Pls help!

Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 15:25
Hey thanks for sharing
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 17:46
hello , i will give you the easiest recipe, although i dont share recipes, as i host arabic food cooking classes at the comfort of my house, https://www.facebook.com/letstalkfooddubai anyway: yoghurt sauce ingredients; 1/2 Kg full fat yoghurt 1 litre laban up (shaninah)(its soury liquid yoghurt) 4 tbs corn flour salt pour the yoghurt and the laban up in a large pot, mix in the corn starch in cold water and add it to the yoghurt mixture, whisk to make it creamy on medium heat, keep stirring until the mixture thickens and is stabilized, add the salt to taste. (dont stop stirring or the mixture will separate . add the kibbeh or shishbarak. this is easy and it works always regards maysa
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 13:23
To tell you the truth Arabic yoghurt sauce has differents ways to do them ..depending on for what you are going to use it for...if for salad??ok then what I do is any quantity of yoghurt one or two table spoons olive oil half teaspoon of powder garlic ( or as much as you like the garlic to be strong,you can put a pinch) mix it properly and if you find it not thick enough add some more olive oil and mix again..some salt and I LIKE to put some mint powder on top ...well you can use this one as dressing or mixed with cucumber...But if its for cooking???depending on for what??chichbarak or kebeba or zuchini ???anyway always put hot water or soup to boil add the chichbarak or kebeba or filled zuchini until its almost cooked .sip them until all water is out..start preparing your yoghut ( the quantity shall be depending on the chichbarak or the kebeba or the zuchini) put the yoghurt in a cooking pan mix it properly add pre prepared half glass of water plus one table spoon of starch mix the whole and add salt as much as you like..bring to boil while stirring with a wooden spoon..when it has already boil add the chichbarak turn it all together one or two time again all together with the wooden spoon,until it boils altogether one more time..at the end put a piece of butter in a pan plus green coriender pls pressed garlic(as much as you like ) fry it until the garlic become colorful add it again to the mixture of chichbarak and turn it one or two times without putting it to cook...I hope this will help..
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 17:45
I use marai yoghurt. Use a whisk. 1 kgs of yoghurt 1 tbsp of corn starch & 1 whole egg & salt. whisk properly, then put it on high gas & bring to boil while whisking. Never had a separated yoghurt sauce. You only need 1 egg for any quantity & a ratio of 1tbsp of corn starch to 1 kgs of yoghurt.
Latest post on 08 April 2014 - 18:57
Thanks for your tips, GMKSME
Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 09:31
I'm not sure of this particular recipe but I think we make something similar. Here are some tips to try: 1. Strain the yoghurt as much as possible. Greek yoghurt is great for making sauces because there is very little water content to start. It's almost like cheese. 2. Dissolve the corn starch in water THEN add to the yoghurt. Do not mix in a blender. I think the combination of too much water in the yoghurt plus blending it is the mistake. Hope that helps!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY