GAPS / Grain-Free / Paleo / SCD ??? | ExpatWoman.com

GAPS / Grain-Free / Paleo / SCD ???

Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 17:45

Just wondering if anyone else is doing any or all of the above diets? If so, for how long and how do you find it, especially with regard to finding specialty food items?

Thanks!!

Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 19:08
iv been put on a paleo-ish diet by my doctor due to high insulin resistance. I long for dairy and grains. The though of eating another meal without my beloved rice n wheat depresses me, wish I could be like some of you ladies and actually love the food im supposed to eat and not long for something I cannot have *sob*
Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 19:01
We took the plunge into paleo last August although we have been slowly cutting back on dairy and grains for years. I don't really see paleo as a "diet" it is not about weight loss, it is about eating foods that you believe to be healthy, and avoiding the ones you don't. So it is sort of a forever thing ;) You actually don't need any speciality foods, aside from maybe coconut aminos if you are cutting out soy. (I cheat and just use soy sauce). I think you will enjoy the lifestyle change far more if you don't immediately try and paleo-fy the same unhealthy foods you were eating (cakes, biscuits etc) and instead focus on making foods from everyday fruits, vegetables and meats etc. With dairy I struggled as I drank tea with milk, I faffed with nut milks for a while but in the end I just switched to drinking black and herbal teas. If you must have a milk substitute though, homemade almond milk is very easy and comes the closest in taste. I feel 1000 times better, clearer skin, clearer mind and healthier body.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY