Educational Queries Again!! | ExpatWoman.com

Educational Queries Again!!

Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 18:09

Hi All,
Sorry for bombarding EW with so many questions but I feel this is the only place where I can get my queries answered. I am just desperate to continue my higher education. have just joined work so yeah I can self finance now.

1. What is the difference between a MOHESR accredited university/institute or KHDA accredited university/institute?

2. If I get my degree from a KHDA institute will it get attested by MOHESR?

3. I got a institute in KV which is accredited by Edexcel but not recognized by eithr KHDA or MOHESR, this institute is offering HND and is a Vocational Institute named CENTER FOR EXECUTIVE EDUCATION after which I can get admitted to 1 year top up degree program in either Heriot Watt or Middlesex. I am not sure whether to join this or not just because this is not accredited.

4. And last, how important is it to get a degree recognized by MOHESR or KHDA, either for employment or any other purposes.

Thank you in Advance. I know some one will surely come up with the answers.

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 12:53
Maroosh can you tell me what are those documents to be submitted along with the form for getting a NOC from MOHESR? I tried asking them but was not given a proper answer.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:51
ask them
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:48
Bump :D
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 13:47
Also I would like to know why Knowledge Village and DIAC will give license to institutes which are not been accredited by the Govt.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:12
MOHESR is the Ministry that covers the entire UAE. Any degree attested by MOHESR should be accepted by KHDA. KHDA attested doesn't mean MOHESR attested. It's a bit annoying but MOHESR is as far as I know the main body. MOHESR is not easy when it comes to attestation. They accept BA's, MA's and PhD's. If you apply for a local, in house uni and they accept you with your HND (Which I believe is a UK system), your degree should be accepted as they have allowed you in the program in the first place. However, before starting the HND course, find out if it gets you into a uni here. For example, they offer GED here but unis don't accept them as entry into their degree courses so make sure the HND vocational will be accepted in unis here. If you find a job that requires your degrees to be attested you do want MOHESR to recognize it. What vocation are you planning to study? My plan is to get a HND in business which is accepted by British Universities here like Middlesex or Heriot Watt. I know MOHESR will not attest HND because its a diploma, but if I go to MS or HW for my BA or BS will they still attest my degree as they are also not accredited by MOHESR. Yesterday I spoke to CEE, who are offering HND by Edexcel, they said that your HND certificate will be attested by UK and Ministry of Foreign Affairs here. There is also one more institute National Institute of Vocational Education (NIVE) which is itself an institute by KHDA. They offer the same courses accredited to Edexcel, but being an govt institute I am not sure about this. I spoke to them also and they said your HND certificate will be attested by UK and KHDA, but their timings are not convenient for me. But I know so many people studying in MS, HW and Manipal, I wonder how they manage to get employment here. The reason I am going for this HND shortcut to degree program is that its easy on my pocket. Payment plans are easy. Also I heard something which I dont know is true or not, but someone said here the US based degrees are considered to have more value than UK degrees. <em>edited by freaking92 on 16/04/2014</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 18:44
MOHESR is the Ministry that covers the entire UAE. Any degree attested by MOHESR should be accepted by KHDA. KHDA attested doesn't mean MOHESR attested. It's a bit annoying but MOHESR is as far as I know the main body. MOHESR is not easy when it comes to attestation. They accept BA's, MA's and PhD's. If you apply for a local, in house uni and they accept you with your HND (Which I believe is a UK system), your degree should be accepted as they have allowed you in the program in the first place. However, before starting the HND course, find out if it gets you into a uni here. For example, they offer GED here but unis don't accept them as entry into their degree courses so make sure the HND vocational will be accepted in unis here. If you find a job that requires your degrees to be attested you do want MOHESR to recognize it. What vocation are you planning to study?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY